1st December 2016, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

Is diploma after PUC equivalent to graduation degree?

I have done Diploma in Textiles Engineering after my PUC. I want to know whether my Diploma is graduation equivalent. Please reply immediately. I need to know the detail soon in order to take the next steps accordingly. Please provide the details.

1st December 2016, 05:35 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is diploma after PUC equivalent to graduation degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done Diploma in Textiles Engineering after my PUC. I want to know whether my Diploma is graduation equivalent. Please reply immediately. I need to know the detail soon in order to take the next steps accordingly. Please provide the details.

No, the diploma after PUC is not equivalent to graduation degree. The diploma course is valued lower than a graduation degree course. The diploma course duration is 3 years after 10th and 2 years after 12th or PUC. But the graduation degree duration is 3 years after 12th (10+2+3). So it is valued higher, the syllabus and subjects are also different. The graduation is always valued higher in Indian education than a diploma course.
1st December 2016, 06:57 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

No, Diploma course is not equivalent to Graduate degree course.
In order to do Graduation degree course, you must have to apply for it after the completion of Diploma course.
Or else if anywhere for higher studies, if it is required Graduation, then you cannot apply for it based on the Diploma qualification.
1st December 2016, 09:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, diploma is not considered equivalent to graduation in any case, specially if diploma is of 3 years duration. You have to complete graduation like B.Tech to become a graduate. If you have done diploma after PUC (PCM), then you should have got lateral entry in second year, which in itself tells that you can't become a graduate after diploma.

For becoming a graduate after diploma in engineering, you have to take admission in B.Tech or any other degree course through lateral entry in second year and after completion you will be called a graduate.
2nd December 2016, 12:29 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, Diploma course is never equal to graduation course. Diploma course consists of 3 years duration course and is done after completion of your 10th grade.

Whereas, graduation degree is much superior to Diploma course as it provides a great knowledge about the course and the respective field the candidate has opted for.
4th December 2017, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

After Completing diploma in electronics and instrumentation, and completing post diploma in industrial instrumentation can be considered equivalent to graduation?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?