12th April 2016, 03:25 AM
Unregistered

Whether my Brother-In-Law can become a guarantor for an education loan?

Sir,
I want to apply for an Education Loan. But I don't have any kind of property. But my brother in law is ready to become a guarantor. Is it possible? Please let me know about this.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to make my Brother-In-Law a guarantor against an education loan if my father died?
  2. Is it possible to present my Brother-In-Law as a Guarantor to apply for Education Loan due to my father's death?
  3. Whether my Brother-In-Law can become a guarantor for an education loan? -- [New]
  4. Is it possible to show Brother-in-Law's IT file as a guarantor instead of father to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  5. Can my Brother-in-Law become guarantor to apply for an Education Loan?
  6. Is my friend eligible to become a guarantor for my brother's Education Loan?
  7. Whether my father can become Guarantor for Education Loan if my brother is studying MBA through Education Loan?
  8. Can I make my Brother a Guarantor while applying for an Education Loan?
  9. Can my father become a guarantor against an Education Loan if I am a married woman?
  10. Whether a 3rd Party Guarantor must be an Account Holder of Bank for taking Education Loan? Is documents necessary to show by the Guarantor? A retired person can be a Guarantor?
  11. Guarantor is eligible to get Education Loan for studying MBBS?
  12. Eligibility to get Education Loan against property without a guarantor?
  13. What is the role of a Guarantor to apply for Bank Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Who is Third Party Guarantor in Bank Education Loan scheme?
  15. Whether a retired person is eligible to become a Guarantor for Education Loan of upto Rs. 7.75 Lacs? Is it necessary to submit any document for a Guarantor?
  16. How can I get an Education Loan of Rs. 4.5 Lacs to study B.Tech without security and guarantor?
  17. Whether Bank pressurize guarantor for repayment of Education Loan?
  18. Can I apply for Education Loan to study MBA without any Guarantor being an Orphan?
15th April 2016, 07:53 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether my Brother-In-Law can become a guarantor for an education loan?

If the amount to be sanctioned for education loan is 4 lakhs or below then there is no need of guarantor or any collateral. For sum between 4 to 6 lacs, there is a need of guarantor and for sum of loan above ten lacs, there is need of collateral.

Yes, your brother in law can become a guarantor in education loan but he must submit documents which proves that either he has some property or fixed deposit etc. Upto 4 lacs of loan, you just need your college marksheets, approval letter and loan letter from your concerned college.

Now, you can directly apply at India's education loan portal to multiple banks and within few days of application, they will respond how much can be sanctioned.

Education loan portal is: https://www.vidyalakshmi.co.in/Students/
15th April 2016, 11:28 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether my Brother-In-Law can become a guarantor for an education loan?

To avail an education loan one must have to keep collateral security equal to loan amount and a third person guarantee.

For an education loan amount of Rs.4 lacs and below, the candidate can has to produce a third person guarantee. And for an education loan amount of RS.4 lacs above the candidate has to keep collateral security equal to the loan amount.

You can keep your brother-in-law as a third person guarantor to avail an education loan.
15th April 2016, 11:34 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, your Brother-In-Law can be become a guarantor for taking an Education loan if the bank you wish to take accepts him as a gurantor but, some banks accepts the person as a guarantor only who is blood relative to you. So, I suggest you to confirm it with your bank and proceed further.
16th April 2016, 12:06 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Anybody can become guarantor in education loan.

So, your brother in law can become guarantor in education loan. Your brother in law must have some property or document which can prove that he has something to prove that he is financially stable.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?