31st March 2012, 08:26 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA after 10th standard? Duration of the course?

Hai,
No you are not eligible to apply NDA exam.
Because the minimum qualification is 12th standard from any recognised university.
So first complete your 12 standard and then after apply NDA exam.
All the best.
29th April 2012, 11:23 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

> Sorry, you cannot apply for NDA while pursuing 10th or 11th class according to the educational qualifications required as NDA requires a pass in 12th class examination or equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
6th June 2012, 02:49 AM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;703606]1) I compleat my 10th class can i apllay nda
2) In nda admition what colification
3) In nda admition which side chous
4) how many years of nda[/Q
well there is bad news for you brother you cannot apply for nda just after passing 10th.you have too wait till you complete your 12th.
To be eligible to sit in nda examination is minimum 60%marks in pcm in 12th nd age not more than 19years and not less than 16 year.
your command over english should be good enough.maths level is very low in the examnation so dont worry about.
after you have qualified written.your interview will be taken and after that your medical test will be taken.after passing these things you are been selec.
so best of luck
2nd August 2012, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

I am wearing spectacles can i join NDA
2nd August 2012, 10:38 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

Dear friend ,
[IMG]url[/IMG]
NDA EXAM ELIGIBILITY
No, you cannot apply for NDA... You have to finish 12th std to apply for NDA..

-> So study well for now and get some good marks in 12th and then apply for NDA exam...

-> I have attached the detail eligibility of NDA exam in this post... just check it out to get an idea to apply it in future...

-> Also attached the notification and other information about NDA 2012 exam in this post.. just go through to know the process of NDA exam...
Attached Files
NDA eligibility.pdf(50.7 KB, 42 views)
nda2 - 2012- info.pdf(119.0 KB, 33 views)

Best of luck
2nd August 2012, 11:16 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

You can not apply for NDA after 10th standard as the minimum academic qualification to apply for NDA is 12th.

UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION(UPSC) conducts NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY(NDA) entrance exam two times every year as NDA-I and NDA-II to join Indian Aermy, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

Apart from 12th qualification either appear for final exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board, the candidate must be an unmarried Indian male within the age of 16.5 to 19 years of age in order to apply for NDA. The candidate should have been possessed good Physical and Mental health.

The selection of NDA is through written exam followed by personal interview along with physical fitness and Medical test.

After successful entry in to NDA the candidate has to undergo various training for three years in order to pass out from NDA.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th October 2012, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for NDA in 11th class?
7th June 2013, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

hello sir.....how can i join I.A.F...after completing aeronautical engineering diploma course after 10th....age 19
15th July 2013, 09:11 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Its nice to see your interest and eagerness in joining the National Defense Academy. But unfortunately you cannot join the NDA right now with just educational qualification of 10th.

Here i am providing you the complete details regarding the NDA Exam so that you can easily understand what NDA is and what you should do to join NDA.

The Union Public Service Commission conducts the NDA Exam twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II in the months of April and August for those candidates who want to join the Indian Defense and serve their services for the Nation.

The Different wings of Indian Defense Academy which you can join through NDA are :

* Indian Army

* Indian Navy

* Indian Air Force

So , candidates who are willing to join the NDA can join any of the above mentioned wings as per their interest as well as the rank secured by them in the NDA Exam.

Yes, you have to crack the NDA Exam in order to join The wings mentioned above.

The UPSC has set some eligibility criteria for NDA Exam to make this exam a little bit difficult such as :

Only those candidates can appear for this exam who :

a) Have completed 12th with PCM from any recognized board.

b) have completed 12th in any stream from any recognized board but can only apply for the Indian Army.

c) have the age in the between 16.5-19 years.

d) Are unmarried male candidates as girls are not allowed to appear for this exam.

e) Are Physically and Mentally fit.

f) Have Indian Citizenship.

The NDA Exam is conducted in three phases :

1) Written Exam

2) SSB Interview

3) Medical Exam.

Those candidates who crack all the three phases are said to have cracked the NDA Exam and can join any of the wing as per their rank.

So , currently you cannot apply for the NDA Exam as your minimum educational qualification is not 12th.

However , its good that you have got complete information regarding the NDA Exam much earlier which will surely help in the preparation of NDA Exam if you are interested in joining this after completion of 12th.

This is the information i have to the bets of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
6th May 2014, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Any person with physical unhealth like eyes problem, as i am wearing spects.
11th May 2014, 02:11 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to make entry into NDA soon after the completion of your 10th class.

However you don't need to worry about this.

Because, the minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates to make entry into NDA is by completion of 12th class.

The selection procedure is as follows
NDA Exam
Interview
Medical Test

NDA Exam is the common written exam for the candidates to be placed in the following defence services
Army wing
Navy wing
Air Force wing

One should have completed 12th class with Mathematics and Physics subjects to apply for Navy and Air Force wings and completion of 12th class with any other stream makes the candidate to be eligible only for Army wing.

The required age criteria for the candidates should be 16.5 years to 19 years.

The nationality of the candidate should be India.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to give NDA Exam.

So, I suggest you to opt for the stream in 12th class in accordance with the defence wing that you would like to join.

Complete it successfully and carry out preparation for NDA Exam from the very beginning of your 12th class.

Then you will easily crack the exam.

Wish you all the best.
3rd January 2015, 07:57 PM
dipesh manish patel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1) I compleat my 10th class can i apllay nda
2) In nda admition what colification
3) In nda admition which side chous
4) how many years of nda
5) what is the sealabus
15th February 2015, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir/mam i passed 10th class and i want to join nda and i want to go in air force and wants to become a pilot.
may i apply it after 10th or not.
thank you. sir/mam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?