23rd June 2017, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the qualification required to join the Custom Officer job?

Is there anything like submit of opening of new account, send the atmcard to custom office. During applying for custom job

3rd July 2017, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

Sir this is Ahamed from madras I complete b.com c.s. My age is 27 I want to become custom office. My grand father also custom office only he is no more so I also want to become like him so guide me sir my num 7299830982. My mail I'd [email protected]

23rd August 2017, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

Hi all, Thanks for sharing the important helpful information to us.

I have few questions apart from the above. Please find the below questions.

How to know when the exam will conduct?(No information is present in the link which you shared about the examination)
Spectacles wearing human will eligible for the Customs Officer?

Please respon

16th April 2019, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B.COM degree Inter MEC and 10 any training is needed or any classes are needed for customs officer

16th April 2019, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B.COM degree Inter MEC and 10 any training is needed or any classes are needed for customs officer

7th August 2020, 07:36 PM
deepikapandey9999

In order to become a Customs Officer, the aspirants will have to appear for the Civil Services Examination. It is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. This Entrance Exam provides entry into 27 different services which includes the Indian Customs & Central Excise Services. The Civil Service Exam is conducted in two separate parts. They are the Preliminary and Main Exam. Those who are selected are either sent to Chennai for training in the functions of Customs Department or those selected for Central Excise Service training is done in one of the metropolitan cities.

Eligibility Criteria

A Bachelor’s degree is the basic qualification. A custom officer who is working under the Government of India should be above 19 yrs and must have completed graduation. The aspirant must score above 55% of marks and then only can he/she apply. The admit cards are sent out based on the merit achieved in graduation level. The notifications are published in the employment newspaper and other prominent periodicals. The exam is conducted annually but there are many other private companies who offer the same job.

Qualities required for the position as a Custom Officer

Age limit- 18 years old
Indian citizenship
Must possess a Vehicle license
Ability to work flexible schedules
Have reliable transportation
Should never have used drugs of any kind
Must pass an extensive background check
Must be able to successfully complete all training required for the desired position
Must be able to activate a radio or telephone equipment and console monitors
Display an aptitude to cooperate genially and communicate with the community
How to Prepare For Exam and Interview?

To prepare for the Union Public Service Commission exams, the candidate needs to be aware of all the current affairs. His/her General Awareness must be good. Reading of newspapers regularly will be of help. The aspirants should have good knowledge in English, G.K, and basic Mathematics etc as the entire exam is based on these subjects and followed by the selection and interview.

Good luck!!

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?