18th June 2016, 06:25 PM
KABELESH

Am I eligible to join forestry college after completion of 12th from NIOS board?

I finished my 10th and i have an interest in studying NIOS 12th,but my question whether i can join forestry college after my NIOS 12th. It will be helpful if you can guide me soon on the same. Please answer me back soon. Thanks!

19th June 2016, 08:28 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join forestry college after completion of 12th from NIOS board?

# NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling.

# The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is the board of education under the Union Government of India, established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development of the Government of India in 1989 to provide education to remote areas in order to increase the literacy rate.

# Please note that diploma and educational qualification imparted by the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) are valid for any further or higher studies.

# You are eligible for pursuing B.Sc. Forestry Science course after completion of 10+2 through National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS).

# Required educational qualification for B.Sc. Forestry Science:

* 10+2 in science stream (with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects).
* Required minimum marks vary from institutes to institutes i.e. 40-50% marks in PCB subjects.

# Job opportunities after B.Sc. Forestry Science course:

* Officers in forest department of State Government.
* Purchase Manager of forest products
* Nursery Manager
* Lecturer job after M.Sc. (Forestry Science)
* Plantation Manager
* Research jobs
* Forest products marketing

# Names of colleges/universities offering B.Sc. Forestry Science are:

* Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal
* Forest Research Institute, Dehradun
* College of Horticulture and Forestry, Solan, Himachal Pradesh
* College of Agricultural and Regional Research Station, Dharwad, Karnataka
* Forestry Research Institute, Dehradun
* Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun
* Birsa Agricultural University, Ranchi
* College of Forestry, Trissur, Kerala

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?