14th January 2017, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS having got 45% marks in graduation?

I got 45% marks in graduation. Am I eligible for IAS exam and I am also ICWAI intermediate qualified student. I want to do IAS. Is this decision is taken by me it is good?

14th January 2017, 04:36 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS having got 45% marks in graduation?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. UPSC conducts Civil Service Examination for different services like IAS, IPS, IRS etc. The eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination is as below:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for this examination. With 45% marks in bachelor's degree, you are eligible to apply for this exam.

>>The age limit for Civil Services examination is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation of three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

Yes, its a good decision, you can proceed towards your career goal.
14th January 2017, 04:40 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and for the recruitment candidates must have to appear as well as qualify in Civil Service examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

Candidates age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination after bachelor degree with 45%. The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all stages of examination for final selection.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th January 2017, 04:58 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and to be an IAS officer you will have to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC rather IAS examination which is used for general understanding.

* The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in Civil Services examination for becoming IAS officer are as below :-

* You must be an Indian citizen.

* Your age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years if you are a general category candidate. Further upper age limit relaxation of 3 years, 5 years and 10 years is applicable for OBC, SC/ST and PH category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognized university. Further marks in the same degree does not matters if you have qualified in the same degree.

So having completed your graduation with 45% marks you are eligible for Civil Services examination on the basis of educational qualification requirement but you must satisfy the other criteria too.

Also as far as you are concerned about your decision then in my view it depends upon your personal dedication and determination towars the preparation of same examination and your potential cannot be determined on the basis of your marks in your graduation degree only. So do not get worried about the same and go for your target if you think that you can achieve.

For more details about Civil Services examination you can visit the website www.upsc.gov.in.
14th January 2017, 05:15 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS examination after completion of your Graduation with 45% aggregate marks from a recognised university. Candidates who have obtained Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university and who are in the age range of 21-32 years are eligible to apply for IAS examination. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. Since, you have passed Graduation course, so, you are eligible to appear in IAS examination.
14th January 2017, 05:23 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

For an I.A.S recruitment you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination which is among the toughest examination.

As per eligibility candidate passed degree in any discipline with minimum passing aggregate are eligible to appear for examination.

So, you will be eligible to appear examination but have to qualify in all three stages for final selection. The first stage examination for 2017 will be conducted on 18th June 2017.
14th January 2017, 07:49 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Yes, you can apply for an IAS.You must face the Civil Service Exam to become IAS.A candidate must be a graduate in any faculty from a valid university.Since you have got the degree certificate apply next year for the same and study very hard to accomplish your dream.
14th January 2017, 08:08 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

The eligibility criteria for IAS entrance exam:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

2. You should have minimum of passing percentage of marks.

3. You must have attained minimum age of 21 years to apply for Civil Services exam.

You are eligible for Civil Services exam with 45% marks in bachelor's degree.
14th January 2017, 08:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I got 45% marks in graduation. Am I eligible for IAS exam and I am also ICWAI intermediate qualified student. I want to do IAS. Is this decision is taken by me it is good?
You have completed graduation degree so you are eligible for IAS exam. IAS exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Books for IAS exam:-

IAS PRE: Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
by Upscportal
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 225

UPSC IAS PRE: English Grammar and Usage
by Upscportal
Publisher: UPSCPORTAL Publications
Price: Rs. 220

UPSC PORTAL: English Language Comprehension Skills
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upsc Portal
Price: Rs. 150

UPSC Portal General Knowledge Manual
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 150
14th January 2017, 09:03 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Definitely you are eligible to appear in civil services exam that is conducted by UPSC every year in order to become IAS. As you have secured 45% marks in your graduation hence you are eligible to appear in civil services exam.
So you need not to worry about your disability criteria. Moreover relaxation in percentage of 5% is given to the candidates of SC and ST.
14th January 2017, 09:21 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

There is no restriction on minimum percentage of marks to be secured in Graduation degree to appear for Civil services exam to become IAS officer. So, you are eligible to apply for IAS exam with 45% marks in Graduation degree.

Eligibility criteria required to apply for Civil Services exam conducted by UPSC are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 32 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The exam process involves of

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.
14th January 2017, 10:15 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to make you know that IAS examination is Civil Services examination which is held once every year by UPSC for recruitment of administrative officers such as IAS, IPS. IFS, etc. .

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Marks in the same degree does not matters for anyone's eligibility unless he/she has qualified the same degree course.

So having completed your graduation with 45% marks you are eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination if you satisfy the criteria other than educational requirement too.

For more details and updates about Civil Services examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
14th January 2017, 10:36 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to apply for IAS Examination with 45% marks in Graduation. The reason why you are eligible to apply for this recruitment is because of no certain minimum percentage criteria required. In order to join Indian Administrative Service, you are required to apply for Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT) which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The basic educational qualification required for IAS Recruitment is as follows.

>> The basic educational qualification required to apply for this IAS recruitment is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> There is no certain minimum percentage criteria required. So you are eligible to apply for IAS recruitment with 45% marks in Graduation.
14th January 2017, 11:46 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. This examination is conducted by UPSC.

=> For this examination candidate must have passed graduation from a recognized university.

=> The applicants age in between 21 to 30 years. The age relaxation is given to reserved category candidate.

=> As per my knowledge, there is no minimum percentage required to apply IAS examination so that you are eligible for IAS having got 45% marks in graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?