21st October 2017, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NDA exam if I scored 94 percent in 11th standard?

Hello Sir/Mam, I am peaked Chakrabarti studying in class 11 have scored 94% in class 10. I wanted to clarify that am I eligible for the NDA exam? It will be really helpful if you can answer me back soon on this. Awaiting for the response. Thanks!

24th October 2017, 08:50 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NDA exam if I scored 94 percent in 11th standard?

No, you are not eligible for NDA examination even if you have scored 94 percent marks in 11th standard. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board are eligible to apply for NDA examination. The age criteria required to apply for NDA examination is 16.5 to 19.5 years. You should be an unmarried male candidate. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination.
24th October 2017, 10:25 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA refers to National Defense Academy and for joining the same one is required to clear NDA entrance examination held by UPSC twice in a year.

--> Further the minimum qualification required for appearing in NDA entrance examination are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidates.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* Your must have completed your Class 12th or going to appear in your Class 12th board examination from a recognized board. Further to join Indian Navy and Indian Air force your Class 12th academics must include Mathematics and Physics as main subjects.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirements.

Now as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in NDA entrance examination being a student of Class 11th then I would like to let you know that the student of Class 11th are not allowed for appearing in same examination but you can appear in NDA entrance examination of next year as students going to appear in their Class 12th board examinations are eligible for appearing in the same examination.

For more details regarding NDA entrance examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in .
25th October 2017, 01:11 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. The examination is conducted for recruitment in defence services.

Yes, you are eligible to appear in examination. The eligibility to appear in examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible.

For recruitment in Air Force and Navy it is mandatory to have mathematics and physics in 12th std.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB. Candidates after qualifying in both stages will become eligible for final recruitment in service. For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
2nd November 2017, 11:28 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Hello There,

It doesn`t matter how much percentile you have scored in 11th standard if you are talking about eligibility for NDA Exam.

NDA refers to National Defense Academy. Union Public Service Commission conducts the NDA Examination twice every year for candidates to appear who meet the below mentioned criteria:

1. Age of the candidate must be in between 16.5-19.5 years.

2. The candidate must have passed 12th standard or appearing.

3. The candidate must be physically fit

4. The candidate must be male and an Indian Citizen.

I guess, after going through the above mentioned, you are now more clear about the eligibility of NDA Examinations.

This is the information I have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information helps you to the extent you want.
3rd December 2017, 03:45 PM
priyanu singh

Full form of NDA is National Defense Academy.

No, you are not eligible for NDA exam if you scored 94 percentile in 11th standard.

Because 11th standard percentile is whatsoever, does not matter for NDA exam.

It is totally based on your 12th standard.

The eligibility criteria required for the NDA exam is as follows:-

12th standard with Physics, Chemistry, and Maths from any recognized board.

Sex:- Male.

Marital status: Unmarried.

Mentally strong.

Physically fit.

Indian nationality.
10th December 2017, 08:31 AM
rajnikant1993

Dear Friend,

You have to wait one more year to apply for NDA exam because mimimum educational
qualification to appear for NDA is 12th passed.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy.

It has 3 wings for which you can apply giving priority to that for which you have
more interest.

--> Indian Army.

--> Indian Air Force.

--> Indian Navy.

You must have Physics and Maths as compulsory subject in order to opt
for Indian Navy and Indian Air Force.

For Indian Army you have no restriction for any subject in 12th from a
recognized board.

Thank You.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?