27th October 2016, 04:21 PM
shubham kachrulal barhate

Am I eligible for NDA exam if I take Biology in class 12th?

Hello Sir, I want to appear for the NDA exam so I want to know weather I am eligible to give NDA exam if I take Biology in class 12th? Is it possible please tell me as soon as possible.

27th October 2016, 08:46 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NDA exam if I take Biology in class 12th?

No, as a Biology student you are not eligible to appear in NDA exam that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year because as per the qualification criteria candidate must have passed 12th with Physics and Mathematics as main subject. So you are eligible for Pre Medical Entrance Exams such as JIPMER, AIIMS, etc.
27th October 2016, 09:25 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA refers to National Defense Academy and it is an academy meant for providing necessary training and education to those who manages to qualify NDA entrance examination and is looking to be an defense commissioned officer. Also NDA has three wings which includes Indian Army, Indian Air force and Indian Navy.

--> NDA entrance examinations are held every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written Test and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively.

--> The minimum qualifications required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must be within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board of education. But in case you are interested to join Indian Navy or Indian Air force your academics must include Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects for must.

* You must satisfy the physical fitness requirement as per the requirement of services.

So having completed your Class 12th with PCB you are eligible for NDA examination but you can join only the Indian Army wing as for other wings there is requirement of Mathematics as main subject.

For further details regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
27th October 2016, 10:06 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. As per my knowledge, yes you are eligible for NDA exam after Biology in class 12th But, remember that you are only eligible for army wings. For NDA army wings candidate must have passed 12th class in any discipline from a recognized board. The age of the candidate must be between 16 ½ -19 years.
27th October 2016, 10:21 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for NDA exam after having Biology in 12th class. You can apply for Indian Military Academy of Indian Army.

he criteria which has to be fulfilled to get admission in NDA are following:-

-The candidate has to clear the entrance exam conducted by UPSC.

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam.

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 from a recognized board of education.

-There is no minimum percentage required to apply for NDA exam.

-The selection process involves

*Written Examination

* Personal Interview by Service Selection Board

-The Written exam constitutes of two subjects,

* Maths - 300 marks

* General Ability Test - 600 marks
27th October 2016, 10:23 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in NDA examination to join Indian Army if you have studied Biology subject in your 12th standard. But, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy or Air Force through NDA examination being a 12th standard Biology stream student.

Eligibility criteria that you need to fulfill to appear in NDA examination is stated below :-

=> You must be a citizen of India.

=> You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board to join Indian Army. For joining in Indian Air Force or Navy, you should have studied Mathematics and Physics subjects in your 12th standard.

=> You should be at least 16.5 years and not more than 19.5 years.

=> You should be an Unmarried Male candidate.

=> You should be Physically as well as Mentally healthy.

As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you have studied Biology subject in your 12th standard, so, you are eligible to appear in NDA examination for joining in Indian Army.
27th October 2016, 11:31 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Yes , you can appear for the NDA exam .But you are only eligible for ARMY WINGS.

There are three wings of NDA are given as:-

1.Indian Army,

2.Indian Navy,

3.Indian Air Force.

Now as you have biology in 12th,through NDA you will be able to apply only for army but not for air force and navy.
27th October 2016, 11:35 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for the NDA examination. NDA stands for National Defence Acdemy and the examination is conducted by the UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that the candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board and the age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible.

The examination is conducted in the two stages. There are limitation on the discipline of 10+2 to get the recruitment in the Navy and Air Force as only candidates with PCM are eligible to appear.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
28th October 2016, 06:29 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

Yes you are eligible for the NDA exam. For the NDA exam the qualification required is 12th class minimum.
Candidate must have completed his 12th with any subjects from recognized board or university.
Candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Bhutan or a subject of Nepal.
Candidate age must be greater than 16.5 year and should be less than 19.5 years.
30th October 2016, 10:37 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham kachrulal barhate View Post
Hello Sir, I want to appear for the NDA exam so I want to know weather I am eligible to give NDA exam if I take Biology in class 12th? Is it possible please tell me as soon as possible.
Yes, you are eligible for NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?