9th August 2012, 04:36 PM
sinchu2008

Am I eligible to write NET exam after passing Post Graduation with 54.70%

Hi,
I got my post graduation aggregation percentage with 54.70% am i eligible to write net exam am not sc or st please suggest me.

30th November 2012, 11:50 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write NET exam after passing Post Graduation with 54.70%

Hai,

NET(National Eligibility Test) exam.

Yeah you are eligible for NET exam, the details are given below.

Eligibility criteria:-

The candidate should have to complete Post-graduation with atleast 55%of marks from a recognised university.

5%of marks relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Candidates must be a citizen of india.

Age limits:-

The age limits for JRF(Junior Research Fellowship) exam are the maximum age limit to apply this exam is 28 years,

The age limits for Lectureship are the minimum age limit to apply this exam is 18 years.

For more details visit below website

www.ugcnetonline.nic.in

Best of luck.
1st December 2012, 05:55 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write NET exam after passing Post Graduation with 54.70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinchu2008 View Post
Hi,
I got my post graduation aggregation percentage with 54.70% am i eligible to write net exam am not sc or st please suggest me.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.It will be conduct twice time in a year by UGC.

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

So Sorry to say that you are not eligible for NET Exam.

Because your masters degree marks is not above 55% and 2nd thing is that you are fron general category .

Only SC/St candidate have provide marks relaxation.

If you want to become lecturer in college then i will suggest you to go for PHD , some of the university conduct their own entrance exam so contact to those university .

2nd December 2012, 02:15 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hi,

Eligibility To Write UGC NET

The NET (National Eligibility Test) is conducted in the months of June and December for lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship Program..

A candidate is eligible to appear for the UGC NET only if :-

>> The candidate must be either a final year student of post graduation or must have already completed post graduation from a recognized University with an aggregate of 55% without rounding off(50% for SC/ST)

>> Candidate must be less than 28 years of age if applying for JRF..

I am really very sorry but the UGC is very strict about the percentage criteria and hence, they have explicitly mentioned that it has to be without rounding off..

You can Click Here for clarification or contacting the authorities..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UGC NET 2012 Paper-I_Set-W.pdf(172.0 KB, 59 views)
File Type: pdf UGC NET 2011Paper-I (SET-X).pdf(170.7 KB, 56 views)
File Type: pdf UGC NET June 2010 SET-W Paper-1.pdf(290.3 KB, 227 views)
2nd December 2012, 04:58 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Am I eligible to write NET exam after passing Post Graduation with 54.70%

Quote:
Hi,

No you are not eligible for NET exam.
But your percentage is less than 55% which is required for General and OBC candidates.

Eligibility criteria for NET

M.Sc or equivalent degree, with minimum 55% marks for General and OBC candidates and 50% for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually Handicapped candidates and Ph.D.
2nd December 2012, 05:41 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to appear for the National Eligibility Test. The requirement to appear for NET is 55 percent marks in post graduation. Even if you have scored 54.99 percent marks, University Grants Commission won't allow you to appear for NET exam.

There is no rounding off for the candidates to allow them to appear for the National Eligibility Test. Only a SC/ST candidate can appear for NET exam with less than 55 percent marks. Since you are not SC/ST, I am afraid to say that your chances of appearing for NET are over.

You should consider some other option. There is absolutely no way for you to appear for NET Exam.

Eligibility

1. Candidate should be citizen of India.

2. Post gradaute degree holder in any discipline.

3. At least 55 percent marks in post graduation.

4. SC/ST candidates must have scored 50 percent marks.

5. Final year candidates can also apply.

6. They should be able to submit their PG degree within 2 years of clearing NET.

7. Your NET subject should be related to PG course.

Age Limit

1. The age limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years.

2. There is 3 years relaxation given to OBC candidates.

3. Five years relaxation is given to SC/ST candidates.

4. There is no upper age limit for College lectureship.
2nd December 2012, 06:00 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to write NET exam after passing Post Graduation with 54.70%

Hello Friend ,

Yes , you can sit for the UGC net exam as 54.70% means 55% so no need to worry about your percentage as you are eligible for the exam ....

Well the most important thing that you have to keep in your mind that is there is an age restriction:-

For Junior Research Fellowship your age must be within 28 years for General category , whereas a relaxation upto 5 years are being provided for SC/ST/OBCS category .

for further details regarding upcoming exam date and registration you can visit :- http://ugcnetonline.in/

Best Of Luck ....
2nd December 2012, 06:08 PM
rajender.k

Hi,

NET(National Eligibility Test) exam.

Yeah you are eligible for NET exam, the details are given below.

Eligibility criteria:-

The candidate should have to complete Post-graduation with atleast 55%of marks from a recognised university.

5%of marks relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Candidates must be a citizen of india.

Age limits:-

The age limits for JRF(Junior Research Fellowship) exam are the maximum age limit to apply this exam is 28 years,

The age limits for Lectureship are the minimum age limit to apply this exam is 18 years.
3rd December 2012, 09:57 AM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Quote:
Hi,

1. Candidate should be citizen of India.
  2. At least 55 percent marks in post graduation.Final year candidates can also apply.
  3. The age limits for JRF(Junior Research Fellowship) exam are the maximum age limit to apply this exam is 28 years,The age limits for Lectureship are the minimum age limit to apply this exam is 18 years.
19th December 2012, 12:52 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

NO, you are Not eligible to give the NET exams, if you belong to the General category.

Below is the Minimum Educational Qualifications requirement to sit in the UGC-NET exams;

>> Post Graduation with Minimum 55% marks for the General and OBC candidates
Minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?