8th March 2012, 01:17 PM
mohana15

Am I eligible to write TET Exam having completed MA in Economics and working as a Teacher from 3 years?

I am working as a teacher for past 3 years, I have completed M.A(Economics). Do I have eligibility to write TET Exam.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I write TET exam while working as a government teacher?
  2. What should I do to write the TET exam this year? I am working as a teacher in a reputed English Medium School
  3. Am i eligible to write TET exam after completing BSc microbiology under Bharathiar University
  4. Am I eligible to write TET and TRB after completing my PG Msc, microbiology with B.Ed
  5. Am I eligible to become a teacher after passing B.Tech? Is it necessary to write NET or TET to become a teacher
  6. Am I eligible to attend TET exam exam after completing B.A Economics
  7. Am I eligible to write TET after completing BSc 8 years back
  8. Am i eligible for TET exam after completing M.A B.Ed in Economics?
  9. Am i eligible for TET entrance exam after completing BSc Biochemistry and B.Ed Physical Science
  10. Am i eligible to write TET exam after my B.SC computer science with B.ED? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Am I eligible to appear in TET to become a Computer Teacher if completed BCA, M.Sc(CS) and B.Ed?
  12. Will I be eligible for TET after graduating?
  13. What are the government jobs I could apply after post graduation in Public Relation?
  14. Is it possible for B.Sc in animation holder to get a job in government?
  15. Am I eligible to write TET after completing BSc Biochemistry and B.Ed?
  16. What are the best government jobs to apply beingor physically handicap zoologist
  17. Is it possible for me to get a government job in Delhi after completion of B.Ed with 62% marks? -- [New]
  18. Am I eligible for government teachers job after passing B.Sc? Should I write TET or CTET to get eligible for government teachers job?
17th March 2012, 05:03 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write TET Exam having completed MA in Economics and working as a Teacher from 3 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohana15 View Post
I am working as a teacher for past 3 years, I have completed M.A(Economics). Do I have eligibility to write TET Exam.
TET stands for Teachers Eligibility Test and is conducted on both National as well as State level.

Since you are a graduate, you also need to hold a Bachelors Degree in Education or a Diploma in Elementary Education.
Now, you must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in your bachelors degree program. However, you will be considered eligible even if you scored 45% marks in graduation but in that case, the B.Ed program must be pursued under the norms of National Council for Teacher Education.

Qualifying this test enables you to apply for the position of teacher in Government schools but it doesn't makes you eligible to get the job. Getting selected depends upon your academic qualifications, experience and TET Score.

Therefore,for taking the test, you do not need to hold any kind of teaching experience, but it will definitely help you in the selection process conducted by the schools.
25th March 2012, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to write TET Exam having completed MA in Economics and working as a Teacher from 3 years?

I am shobana . I finished my m.sc., bio chemistry and b.ed. Am i eligible to write TET
16th June 2012, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for tet exam because i have done ma (eco) and ntt.
17th June 2012, 02:25 PM
epson

you are eligible to take the examination as you have qualified the task according to ncte notification of 23rd august 2010 which is available in the below link:
http://www.education.kerala.gov.in/D...al_council.pdf

so you can apply without fearing anything

so now you have to check the guidelines in the below site and follow accordingly
http://www.ncte-india.org/RTE-TET-guidelines[1]%20(latest).pdf

similarly go to the regional state website for TET and apply online

All the best.......
5th September 2012, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

I AM EMPLOYED IN A GOVERNMENT AIDED MINORITY SCHOOL IN FEB 2012 AND MY CERTIFICATE VERIFICATION WAS DONE BEFORE 23.8.10. kINDLY TELL ME WHETHER I HAVE TO CLEAR TET EXAM
14th September 2012, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

If B.A communication English course eligible for writing a TET examination?
25th September 2012, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

hai
i am finished B Ed in economics can i apply for tet exam
31st December 2012, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

i am M.A.,B.ed in economics.shall i write TET EXAM Sir?
29th January 2013, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

I AM M.A., IN ECONOMICS .SHALL I WRITE TET EXAM SIR? conform posting ?
9th February 2013, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am completed B.A., (ECONOIMICS), 1994 , B.ED.,(ECONOMICS) 1996, AND B.A.,(HISTORY) 2006 whether i am eliageable for attended tet exam, for history teacher post? please inform to me
14th March 2013, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Is communicative English, Vocation English with B.Ed eligble for B.T Teaher? is any body else with these qualification seleted in the TET exams?
14th March 2013, 08:08 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohana15 View Post
Yes,you will be Eligible to appear in Teacher Eligibility Test,if you meet all these Eligibility Criteria :-

Qualifications for Teacher of Class I to V

-->>For this your minimum qualification in 10+2 should be 45% Marks.
-->>You should have a 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education/4 year Diploma in Special Education.

Qualification for Teacher of Class VI to VIII

-->>Your minimum marks in Graduation should be 50% Marks.
-->>You should have a B.ed Degree with 45% Marks.

Syllabus for Teacher of Class I to V
  • Child Development - 30 Marks.
  • Language I(English) - 30 Marks.
  • Language II(Hindi) - 30 Marks.
  • Mathematics - 30 Marks.
  • Environmental Studies - 30 Marks.
Syllabus for Teacher of Class VI to VIII
  • Child Development - 30 Marks.
  • Pedagogy - 30 Marks.
  • Language I(English) - 30 MARKS.
  • Language II(Hindi) - 30 Marks.
  • Mathematics - 30 Marks.
21st March 2013, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

I am a B.A ECONOMICS graduate holder. i have finished b.ed in social studies. can i write TET exam in tamilnadu
21st March 2013, 07:52 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Why do you want to do TET exam and become school teacher when you have the option of becoming college lecturer. The post graduates are advised to apply for the National Eligibility Test which is for college lectureship and JRF.

For Teachers Eligibility Test you need Bachelor of Education degree. It is one year long course. However for National Eligibility Test you do not require any further education, the post graduation degree is suficient for this entrance exam.

The NET is the national level exam, you can also appear for state SET which is conducted by each state separately. The eligibility criteria is same for both National Eligibility Test and the State Eligibility Test.

Eligibility Criteria

1. You should be Indian citizens to apply.

2. Post graduation course is necessary to appear for NET.

3. Only candidate with at least 55 percent marks in PG are eligible.

4. SC/ST are eligible with 50 percent or more marks.

5. The final year students are also allowed to appear.

6. The NET subject should be relevant to PG course.

7. There is no limit on appearences.

8. 28 years is the maximum age for JRF candidates to apply.

9. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC candidates.

10. SC/ST can appear for JRF till 33 years of age.

11. No upper age limit for college lectureship.

If still interested in applying for TET then firstly you should complete Bachelor of Education course. Then apply for the TET exam which is state level or the CTET the central level exam.

TET Eligibility

1. Candidate should have minimum qualification of graduation.

2. Must have scored at least 50 percent marks.

3. Bachelor of Education degree is also required.

4. There is no upper age limit to apply. However this criteria may change in TET exam.
19th June 2013, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

i have finshed b.a economics and also finshed b.ed shalli elligble for tet exam
8th January 2015, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

Sir,i completed m.a.eco and also B.ed for that and i have finished b.a. history also. Can i write tet exam?
25th June 2019, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

I have done my ug course of BBA but i done it my PG course in economics can i eligible for applying the tet exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?