29th August 2011, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

Can a commerce student appear for NDA? What are the requirements? When is the exam held?

im am a commerce with type stduent and i want to join nda.can i appear the exam if yes ,what are the requirements and when iss the exam held???

31st August 2011, 01:51 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a commerce student appear for NDA? What are the requirements? When is the exam held?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
im am a commerce with type stduent and i want to join nda.can i appear the exam if yes ,what are the requirements and when iss the exam held???
Yes, you are Eligible to apply for NDA Examination.

NDA (National Defence Academy), this examination was conducted by UPSC Twice in a year - NDA (I) and NDA (II).

>> To apply for this examination Candidates must have to complete his 12Th examination and Your age should between 16.5 to 19 years and make sure that your age should not be more than 19 years at the time of Training, Otherwise you cant eligible for NDA Examination.

Eligible candidates may apply for Any one of the Wings -

>> Army Wings
>> Air- Force Wings
>> Naval Wings

>> Since you have completed your commerce stream then you are eligible only for Army Wings.

>> Because for Naval Wings and Air- Force Wings you need to complete your 12Th examination with Physics and Mathematics as a compulsory subjects.

So, If you have satisfied the given eligibility criteria, then please apply for this examination, the Notification of NDA-(I) 2012 Examination was going to be published soon in the month of December 2011.

Eligible candidates may apply for this examination Online or Offline, The offline application form candidates may purchase directly form the designated Post offices in India.

So, please wait for the Notification and then apply for this examination and you want to check the dates of Next year examination, then please check the UPSC Official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
31st August 2011, 02:04 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can a commerce student appear for NDA? What are the requirements? When is the exam held?

Yes,Commerce student can apply for NDA exam,but commerce students will eligible for Indian Army force departmental posts only.Here is the complete information about NDA exam.

National Defense Academy (NDA) exam is conducted by upsc twice in a year to intake qualified Candidate for different department in Defense service like Indian Airforce, Indian Navy,Indian Army etc.

Eligibility criteria for NDA-I/NDA-II exam:
Education qualification: Minimum candidate should complete 12th class with PCM stream.
Age Limit: Age should be between 16 1/2 to 19 years.
Citizenship: Indian

NDA-I and NDA-II exam are conducted twice in year, because the person who was not able to attend for NDA-I exam, he can apply for NDA-II exam in the same year, without having gap between the education.

NDA-I exam notification for this year:

Issue of application form from 31st Dec 2011 to 30th Jan 2012.
Exam will held on 15th April 2012.
NDA-II exam notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 5th May 2012 to 4th June 2012.
Exam will held on 19th Aug 2012.
For more details, then see this attachment
Attached Files
File Type: pdf nda22011_english.pdf(119.0 KB, 56 views)
31st August 2011, 02:25 PM
dhruv007

DEFINETLY, you are eligible for this examination , this exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. for appearing in this exam a candidates must have to his 12 with mathematics, .
age limit exist for this exam is 16.5 - 19 years..Eligible candidates may apply for Any one of the Wings -

Army Wings
Air- Force Wings
Naval Wings

Since you have completed your commerce stream then you are eligible only for Army Wings.

> Because for Naval Wings and Air- Force Wings you need to complete your 12Th examination with Physics and Mathematics as a compulsory subjects.
but you can apply for army wing , if you have maths in+2 examination.
31st August 2011, 02:43 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

No.commerce student can't appear for NDA exam.

only science back ground students are eligiable to write the NDA exam.

the other criteria for science students are

>>12th pass with PCM subjects combination.

>>60% marks in 12th.

>>age limit 16.5-19 years.

all the best..........
31st August 2011, 02:47 PM
BEST CAREER
Member+

yes commerce student can apply for NDA exam

NDA stands for National defense academy and this is conducted by UPSC for job in army wings

minimum eligibility for appearing in this exam is that you should be pass in your 12th std exams with any stream

only this is the stream where anyone from any stream eoither science /arts canapply
31st August 2011, 02:52 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You are from commerce field, and you want to go in defense through NDA exam..
NDA exam is conducted by UPSC twice every year..They mention some eligibility criteria to appear in NDA exam..After fulfilling the criteria you can go for this..

Eligibility criteria:-

For Army wing:-

*The candidate must have complete the 12th with 60% marks..

For Navy:-

*The candidate must have complete the 12th with physics , chemistry , maths with 60% marks..

For Air force:-

*The candidate must have complete the 12th with physics , maths..

Age criteria:-

*The age should be in between 16.5-19 years.
The age criteria is same for all..

as you are from commerce field then you can apply for Army wing...
But you must have to fulfill the age criteria..

All the best..
31st August 2011, 02:58 PM
rana2011
Banned

Yes, you are Eligible to apply for NDA Examination.

NDA (National Defence Academy), this examination was conducted by UPSC Twice in a year - NDA (I) and NDA (II).

To apply for this examination Candidates must have to complete his 12Th examination and Your age should between 16.5 to 19 years and make sure that your age should not be more than 19 years at the time of Training, Otherwise you cant eligible for NDA Examination.

Eligible candidates may apply for Any one of the Wings -

Army Wings
Air- Force Wings
Naval Wings

Since you have completed your commerce stream then you are eligible only for Army Wings.

Because for Naval Wings and Air- Force Wings you need to complete your 12Th examination with Physics and Mathematics as a compulsory subjects.

So, If you have satisfied the given eligibility criteria, then please apply for this examination, the Notification of NDA-(I) 2012 Examination was going to be published soon in the month of December 2011.

Eligible candidates may apply for this examination Online or Offline, The offline application form candidates may purchase directly form the designated Post offices in India.

So, please wait for the Notification and then apply for this examination and you want to check the dates of Next year examination, then please check the UPSC Official website -"http://upsc.gov.in"

Thanks!!
31st August 2011, 04:25 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
NDA exam is conducted for recruitment of candidates willing to pursue training in National Defense Academy, Naval Academy and Air-Force Academy.
Since you are from commerce background, you won't be eligible for Naval and Air-Force Academy but you are eligible for the NDA to join the Indian Army.
The minimum eligible age is 16 1/2 years.
The maximum age limit is 19 years.

The examination is conducted twice a year and to apply for the upcoming exam, you may obtain the application form which will be available after 31-12-2011.
The examination is supposed to be conducted 15-04-2012.

For more information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
31st August 2011, 05:36 PM
sanju38121

yes , you are eligible for NDA exam the qualification of NDA exam is +2 and the age limit is 16.5 to 19 years. For more information about exam notification and procedure please go to www.upsc.gov.in/

all the best.
31st August 2011, 05:38 PM
sanju38121

yes , you are eligible for NDA exam the qualification of NDA exam is +2 and the age limit is 16.5 to 19 years. For more information about exam notification and procedure please go to www.upsc.gov.in/

all the best...
31st August 2011, 05:46 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
I am very happy to inform you that you eligible for NDA as you have completed your 12th.The criterion for NDA are--
1.Age should be between 16.5-19
2.12th passout.
3.Height must 157.5 cms or more
One more thing you should be physically fit,and as you are from arts you can apply for Army only not Air Force or Navy because for Air force and Navy physics and Math is neede.

All the best
31st August 2011, 06:14 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes.you are eligible to apply for this examination.

N.D.A stands for National Defence Academy Examination.

The examination was conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year.This year both examination was already completed and results of the N.D.A I examination was already released.

when is the exam held???

N.D.A & N.A Exam (I),2012 :-

Date of Notification : 31.12.11

Last date for receipt of application : 30.01.12

Date of examination : 15.04.12

N.D.A examination consist of,
  • Army
  • Navy
  • Air force
The candidate must have a completed 12th from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.

The candidate age must have a 16.5 year to 19 years and only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

Candidates who are appearing in the 12th examination or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.

But Navy and Air force : you must have a studied maths and physics subjects in your examination.
1st January 2012, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

i m 20 years oid, comerce pass can i join nda...?????
21st April 2013, 03:25 PM
GAYATRI MANDAVA

Quote:
Eligibility Criteria (As obtained from official recruitment website of the Indian Army):

Age between:16 ½ to 19 yrs as of first day of the month in which course is due to commence

Qualification:12th Class of 10+2 System of Education/Equivalent for Army and with Physics and Maths for AF/Navy

Marital Status:Unmarried

Application to be Received by:As per UPSC notification

Likely SSB Date:Sep to Oct and Jan to Apr

Date Commencement of Training:Jan and Jul

Training Academy:NDA , Khadakwasla, Pune

Duration of Training:

3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yrs at IMA(For Army cadets)/

3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yrs at Naval Academy(For Naval cadets)/

3 Yrs at NDA and 1 & 1/2 Yrs at AFA Hyderabad (For AF cadets)
30th April 2013, 09:31 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

NDA(National Defence Academy) is conducted two times every year i.eNDA-I and NDA-II.This exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).
NDA(National Defence Academy) is conducted two times every year i.e
NDA-I and NDA-II.This exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).
You are not eligible for N.D.A after passing 12th with any stream.

The eligibility criteria required for the NDA examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of 12th with PCM from any accredited board.

* Completion of 12th with Arts and Commerce for Army wing.

* Age limit:- 16.5-19 yrs.

* Sex:- Male.

* Nationality:- Indian.

* Marital status:- Unmarried or single.

* Physically and mentally fit.

For more information visit the website:http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?