13th January 2017, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for IPS exam after completing class 12th? If not then when can I appear for the IPS exam?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th now and I am very much interested in becoming an IPS Officer so I need to know whether I can appear for IPS exam after completing class 12th or not? If not then when can I appear for the IPS exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Which stream in class 12th will be helpful to become an IPS Officer? How can I prepare for the IPS entrance exam? -- [New]
  2. What should I do after completing class 12th to become an IPS officer?
  3. Courses after 12th Commerce to become an IPS Officer? Coaching classes for preparation of IPS exam?
  4. How can I become an IPS Officer after completing class 12th with Arts stream? Which exam should I prepare for? How a B.Sc graduate can get a Government job? How can I prepare for the job?
  5. Can I give IPS exam after completing my 12th exam
  6. What is the eligibility criteria for IPS exam? How much percentage is needed in 12th exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. What is the qualification for IPS officer? I have completed 12th
  8. How is the IPS exam conducted? Which are the subjects for IPS?
  9. How can I become an IPS officer after passing 12th exam
  10. Am I eligible for IPS officer job after completing Intermediate?
  11. What should I do after completing class 12th (PCM) from CBSE Board to become an IPS or IAS Officer? Which entrance exam do I have to write?
  12. How can I become a IPS officer after completing 10th class?
  13. Am I eligible to become an IPS officer after completing class 12th with Arts? What is the procedure of application?
  14. Required percentage in 12th to appear for IPS Exam?
  15. How should I become an IPS? What is the percentage required in class 10th?
  16. How to crack IPS examination without coaching?
  17. What should I do to become an IPS Officer? What is the eligibility criteria required and which exam do I have to write?
  18. What shall I do to crack IPS Exam being a candidate having completed 12th Class with 83% of marks? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam? Which is the best city to take Coaching for this Exam?
14th January 2017, 07:12 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IPS exam after completing class 12th? If not then when can I appear for the IPS exam?

No, you are not eligible to appear in IPS examination after completion of your class 12th. To be eligible to appear in IPS examination, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IPS examination is mentioned below :-

=> You should be an Indian National.

=> You should have obtained Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a Government recognised university.

=> You should be at least 21 years old and not more than 32 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government norms.

As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you are pursuing 12th standard right now, so, you need to pursue Bachelor's degree course in order to be eligible to appear in IPS examination.
14th January 2017, 09:17 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IPS exam after completing class 12th? If not then when can I appear for the IPS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th now and I am very much interested in becoming an IPS Officer so I need to know whether I can appear for IPS exam after completing class 12th or not? If not then when can I appear for the IPS exam? Please answer as soon as possible.
No, 12th standard candidates are not eligible for IPS exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC through Civil Service exam.

The minimum educational qualification required for IPS exam is graduation degree from a recognized University.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.
15th January 2017, 12:22 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. No, you are not eligible to appear for IPS exam after completing class 12th. For this examination candidate must have passed graduation from a recognized university. The age of candidate must be in between 21 to 30 years. My suggestion to you is that you can first complete your graduation after 12th class then you can apply for Indian Police Service examination.
15th January 2017, 11:13 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to become an I.P.S Officer after 12th qualification. To become an I.P.S Officer candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline and age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

Now, after completion of 12th std you have to pursue bachelor degree then you become eligible to appear for Civil Service examination and after qualifying in all three stages become eligible for recruitment as an I.P.S Officer
15th January 2017, 11:36 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. It comes under Civil Services examination of India government. UPSC organizes Civil Services examination every year for different services like IAS, IPS, IRS etc.

The eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

>>Candidates must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for Civil Services examination.

>>Age limit for Civil Services examination is 21-32 years.

You can not apply for Civil Services examination after 12th. You can apply for this exam in final year of graduation.
15th January 2017, 01:20 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services.

Eligibility criteria for IPS entrance examination:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for this exam.

2. Minimum age limit is 21 years.

You can apply for IPS examination after bachelor's degree or in final year of bachelor's degree.
15th January 2017, 02:57 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. You can not apply for Indian Police Services examination after class 12th because educational qualification required for this examination is graduation. Candidates after 12th can not apply for this examination. You can only apply after bachelor's degree or in final year of bachelor's degree before that there is no probability.

General category candidates age criteria is 21 years and upper age criteria is 32 years. There is three years upper age relaxation for OBC and five years for SC/ST candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?