14th December 2017, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IAS 2018 after passing the failed graduation exam?

I failed in graduation in 2017 and I will be completing my graduation in 2018, Can I be eligible to apply for IAS preliminary 2018?

14th December 2017, 07:41 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS 2018 after passing the failed graduation exam?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS 2018 examination after clearing it even if you have failed once. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university are eligible to apply for IAS 2018 examination. The age criteria required to apply for IAS 2018 examination is 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ ST category candidates is applicable as per government rules to apply for IAS 2018 examination
14th December 2017, 07:49 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. UPSC conducts Civil Services examination every year for different services like IAS, IPS, IRS etc. The academic qualification required for this examination is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree or studying in final year of bachelor's degree.

At present, you will be appearing for final year of bachelor's degree in 2018, so, you can apply for Civil Services examination. The notification for preliminary examination of Civil Services will be released in month of February, 2018. The minimum age required to apply for exam is 21 years.
14th December 2017, 07:53 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, if you will complete your graduation degree in 2018 then you are eligible to appear in Civil Service examination.

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC and candidates after qualifying in examination will become eligible for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

Candidates pursuing in the final year can also fill the application form and appear in examination.

No limitation on discipline and aggregate of bachelor degree to appear in examination.

To get notification and other detail regarding the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th December 2017, 07:55 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

Eligibility criteria for IAS examination:

1. Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. You need to have at least passing percentage of marks in bachelor's degree.

Final year bachelor's degree candidates can apply for examination.

2. Your age should be at least 21 years.
14th December 2017, 08:06 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Yes. You are eligible to apply for IAS or Civil Services Exam for the year 2018 though you have some backlogs.

But you should complete your Graduation and should be able to provide the proof of passing in Graduation by the time you appear for Interview.

Here is the complete eligibility criteria to apply for IAS or Civil Services Exam.

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized University. No minimum percentage of marks are required in Graduation.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation also can take this Exam. But these people also should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation when they appear for Interview.

The selection process consists of the following rounds.
Civil Services Preliminary Exam
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

As per age criteria,
Candidates of General category should be in the age group of 21-32 years.
Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

The notification would be released in the month of February 2018 and Preliminary Exam would take place in the month of March.

You can surely apply for the exam once the notification is out.

So, I would suggest you to start preparation for this exam and be strong enough in all the aspects of the written exam.
14th December 2017, 08:09 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS (Indian Administrative Services) exam after completing graduation, because to apply for IAS exam minimum qualification required to apply is graduation or equivalent qualification from government recognized institute. Here below are details regarding eligibility conditions to apply for IAS exam:-

Eligibility Conditions to apply for IAS Exam:-

• To apply for IAS exam applicant must be Indian citizen.
  • Age limit to apply for IAS exam is 21 to 32 years, Relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST category candidates, Relaxation of 3 years for OBC category candidates.
  • Minimum qualification required to apply for IAS exam is bachelors degree from government recognized institute.
  • For more details please visit www.upsc.gov.in.
14th December 2017, 09:10 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

You are eligible if you satisfy the below criteria

>> You fall in age group of 21 years to 32 years for General. 5 years relaxation is given to scheduled caste.
>> you must be citizen of India, Nepal or Bhutan
>> Candidate must qualify the graduation . If you are qualifying the exam in 2018 you need to show proof .
14th December 2017, 09:32 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym IAS means Indian Administrative Services.

Generally, people call it IAS examination but name of exam is Civil Services examination.

Examination conducting authority: Union Public Service Commission.

Academic requirement: Bachelor's degree in any discipline.

Age criteria: 21-32 years.

Since you will be completing your bachelor's degree in 2018, you can apply for Civil Services Preliminary exam, 2018.
14th December 2017, 09:35 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can certainly appear for Civil Services Preliminary Test 2018 ( commonly known as IAS examination ) while going to complete your graduation in 2018 as for appearing in Civil Services examination students pursuing final year of their graduation degree are also eligible along those who have completed their graduation degree course from a recognized university.

Apart from educational qualification, you are required to be an Indian citizen with your age lying within 21 years to 32 years for appearing in the same examination. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

For more details and FAQs associated with Civil Services examination you can refer to its official link www.upsc.gov.in .
15th December 2017, 12:49 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear in examination in 2018. To become an I.A.S officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

There is no limitation on discipline and aggregate to appear in examination.

Candidates in final year of course can appear in examination. The age limit is 21-32 years.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2017, 12:17 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that the official name of IAS examination is Civil Services examination and it is held by UPSC once every year in three stages which includes Preliminary Test followed by Mains and Personal Interview.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in Civil Services Preliminary test 2018 while going to complete your graduation in 2018 then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible as for appearing in same examination the required educational qualification is a graduation from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their graduation degree course are also eligible.

Apart from educational qualification, for appearing in same examination you need to be a Indian citizen with your age lying within 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?