1st August 2016, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Indian Navy after 12th arts stream?

Sir, my name is Suraj Ghatowar and I am from Assam. I am very much interested to join Indian Navy. I read in class 12th Arts stream. Am I eligible for Indian Navy? My cell no is 8721897112

1st August 2016, 07:51 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Indian Navy after 12th arts stream?

Being a Class 12th passed candidate with arts stream you are not eligible for joining Indian Navy and Indian Air force as for these wings of Indian Defense Sector you need to be a science stream student throughout the academics.

But you still have the option of becoming commissioned officer in Indian Army left for you and for the same you will need to join NDA by qualify NDA entrance examination.

--> NDA stands for National Defense Academy and the NDA entrance examination is held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written examination and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively.

--> The minimum qualifications required for appearing in the same examination for joining Indian Army wing are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree in any subject from a recognized board.

* You must have physical fitness as per the data provided with notification of same examination.

For more details about the same examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
1st August 2016, 09:46 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

For joining Indian Navy after 10+2, you must appear for National Defence Academy entrance exam. This exam has two stages and you need to clear both written test and Service Selection board for joining Navy.

Eligibility criteria for Indian Navy:

1. To be eligible for Navy, you must have done passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.

Arts stream candidates are not eligible for joining Navy.
2nd August 2016, 12:35 AM
Program complete
Senior Member++

After 12th Arts stream you are not eligible to apply for Indian Navy but eligible to apply for Indian Army.

->>You need the science stream in 12th standard.To join the Indian Navy first you need to crack the NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defense Service.This exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year.

NDA - I

NDA - II

NDA has three wings:-

**Indian Army

**Indian Navy

**Indian Air force.
2nd August 2016, 02:34 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot join Indian Navy with the qualification you have as you should have completed your graduation with science stream and should have scored a minimum of 60% in 12th boards and graduation as well.

Therefore, as per your qualification, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to join Indian Navy.
23rd August 2016, 12:58 PM
HERE2HELP
Member+

Yes, you are eligible for Indian Navy.
But you should also fulfill other requirement as well. I have given those eligibility criteria in details below

NATIONALITY :

Candidate must be a citizen of India

Age Limitation :

The age of the candidate should be within 16.5 years to 25 years. It depends on the field in which the candidate want to appear.

Academic Qualification :

The candidate must have completed 10+2/B.Sc/B.E(physics or math)/Bachelors/Masters/Diploma with at least 55% marks.

Physical Requirement :

Candidate needs to be fit and sound in all aspect such as running and excercise and must not be color blind or night blind
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?