9th July 2011, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

Can I become a Merchant Navy Officer after 12th from Commerce stream?

i have done 12th from commerce stream .can i become a merchant navy officer.please reply as soon as possible.on [email protected]

9th July 2011, 09:43 PM
nayan..sharma

Default Re: Can I become a Merchant Navy Officer after 12th from Commerce stream?

no, to join merchant navy u should pass 12 with pcm ...........
9th July 2011, 11:01 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I become a Merchant Navy Officer after 12th from Commerce stream?

no. you can not apply maths is must for joining navy so you won,t be able to join navy you can army
10th July 2011, 12:09 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

You can join indian navy after 12thclass if you have physics, maths and chemistry combination.so as do join merchant navy..

but you must have scored more than 60% in PCM in 12th board...............

you can join as a deck cadet on board a ship and train on the job for three years. After the on-job training one has to appear for the competency examination, as required by the Union Ministry of Surface Transport, to be eligible to become a Navigation Officer.

The physical requirement:--
Minimum height of 157cms for men and 152 cms for women with correlated weight.
should not be color blind.
10th July 2011, 12:29 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, my friend you can join in Merchant navy after completion of your 12th...
for that you must have Physics,chemistry and maths in your 12th..
you must have 60% marks in your 12th..

If you fulfill the criteria then you can join in Merchant Navy as a Deck Cadet...
For navigating officer- Navigating Officers - Candidates will need to obtain a Certificate of Competency, as per the regulations in India relating to the examinations of Masters and Mates. Conducted by the Ministry of Surface Transport, in association with the Directorate General of Shipping (DGS) Mumbai, the examinations help determine the promotion prospects for the officers.

so. go for it..
best wishes...
10th July 2011, 08:25 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
for Merchant navy officer you should be a science student & subject is pcm.

for more details http://www.indiannavy.com
10th July 2011, 12:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have done 12th from commerce stream .can i become a merchant navy officer.please reply as soon as possible.on [email protected]
dear friend,

sorry to say dear you are not eligible for merchant navy because your stream is commerce.only science student are eligible for this post.

After 12th you can go for merchant navy. you can appear for the IIT-JEE and on the basis of the rank you can go for the following fields:

a) Nautical Officer – 3 year B.Sc. (Natural Sciences). The candidate should be physically fit (as per Merchant Shipping Rules) 6/6 vision, unimpaired color vision.

b) Engineer Officer – 4 year Marine Engineering degree course. Candidate should be physically fit as per Merchant Shipping Rules.

all the best
10th July 2011, 01:42 PM
ROHIT1THAKUR

Eligibility for Merchant navy

The training of all the Indian Merchant Navy personnel is the responsibility of the Government of India, who work through the Ministry of Surface Transport. Candidates wishing to enter the navigational and engineering fields of Merchant Navy need to complete their B.Sc. degree in mechanical or marine engineering, before they can gain admission to the field. In some cases, students who have completed their 12th with PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) are eligible to join as Deck Cadets. Navigating Officers - Candidates will need to obtain a Certificate of Competency, as per the regulations in India relating to the examinations of Masters and Mates. Conducted by the Ministry of Surface Transport, in association with the Directorate General of Shipping (DGS) Mumbai, the examinations help determine the promotion prospects for the officers. Training for Navigating Officers
17th July 2011, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

can i became a merchant navy officer from commerce stream with maths...
27th July 2011, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

hello sir/mam,
i have just now completed my training as a deck cadet.,can you plz teme dat how can i appear for
2nd mate paper and when?
plz do reply.
ASAP

shashank
13th August 2011, 09:24 AM
Unregistered

Can i do 12th from science also as i am commerce graduate student and i want to join merchant navy institute for officer post only as that any possibility,i am 22 years currently plz suggest me. [email protected]
18th August 2011, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

Good day Sir,
Iam sanoj chengot,I completed my 36 months sea time.I have done commerce with maths,can i appear for 2 nd mate exam FG or NCV.wats is the procedure
11th June 2012, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

how can i become merchant navy officer?after 10 through commerce.what are the course for it?
22nd June 2012, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i become second mate but i have done commerce
21st January 2013, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 36 months of sailing experience and i want to appear for 2nd mate exam but i am a student from commerce stream, so can i appear for that exam in India?
22nd January 2013, 02:00 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry but you are not eligible for job in Merchant Navy. The commerce and arts stream students are not eligible for Merchant Navy. Only candidates who have completed 12th with subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Maths are eligible.

Therefore you can not apply for any job in Merchant Navy. You are not meeting the minimum requirement. You should consider some other career option.

Eligibility

1. You should complete 12th standard with PCM.

2. Age limit is 20 years as on September 1 of admission year.

3. Upto 5 years relaxation is given to SC and ST.

4. Only unmarried candidates are eligible.

5. You will have to clear a medical test for admission.

6. Physical requirements are 6/6 vision and minimum height of 150 cm.

If a candidate meets this criteria then he/she should apply for B.Sc in Nautical Science or Marine Engineering course. After completing the course, you can apply for job in Merchant Navy.

Direct Entry

1. After passing 12th (PCM) you can apply for deck cadet job in Merchant Navy.

2. You will have to undergo 3 months long pre-sea training.

3. Candidates who have completed B.Tech in Mechanical/Electrical/Technology are also eligible for various officer level jobs.

4. B.Tech students will also have to go through 9 months long pre-sea course in marine engineering from MERI.
7th July 2013, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

Can i appear for 2nd mate exam after 24 month of sea experience(OS/AB).dose DG have bring some rules or program DLP(pistance learning program)..wot is it??nd how to appear???do suggest..

[email protected]

plz any budy rply.
11th March 2014, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

sir i compleated 12th from commerce stream. can i join navy if not can i started compition classes with maths then can i for it reply soon pls
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?