17th December 2017, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I continue in semester 8, even before completing semester 7?

Can i continue in semester 8, even before I have completed semester?
According to institute's norms above 6 backlog are not allowed in semester 7. After taking drop I have completed 2 course now I'm eligible as per institute's norm so can l continue in semester 8.

Related Questions:
17th December 2017, 08:42 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I continue in semester 8, even before completing semester 7?

As per my knowledge first of all you have to complete semester 7 then only you are promoted to semester 8. And as per rules of institution you are not allowed to pursue semester 8 directly without completing semester 7.
Therefore, it is compulsory to complete all the semesters for promotion in next semester.
17th December 2017, 09:56 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

You can not give exam of Semester 8 unless you have fully cleared subjects in previous class.
*** For provisional basis you can continue semester 8 lecture class , which is only valid if you clear previous backlogs.
18th December 2017, 06:22 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no such procedure where you can drop your 7th semester and continue your 8th semester. You can sit in 8th semester but side by side you have to appear in the compartment so you have to qualify in your 7th semester. Otherwise you won't get degree.
18th December 2017, 09:12 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Yes after clearing the backlogs, you will become eligible for the Semester 8. You can contact the Academic Department of your institute as there may be some additional eligibility.

Normally Different Institute and Different Universities have different norms, regarding semesters completion and examination.
You can know more about B.Tech Rules here
19th December 2017, 04:30 PM
spike.raghu

Yes, there is a chance that you can attend 8th semester but at least you need to attend the 7th-semester exam. You may have some or entire sem backlogs or not. You can clear 7th and 8th-semester at once.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?