31st August 2011, 06:41 PM
singh03

Can I go for Law as optional after doing B.Tech ECE for GS and Public Administration?

I have done B.Tech in ECE. Now I am preparing G.S. and Public Administration(I optional) on my own. Can I go for Law as my second optional by taking help of a good coaching institute??

Related Questions:
  1. Best study material for Pub Admission for CS mains?
  2. Scope of law in civil service? Which books should I refer?
  3. Is it a right decision to take up management and public administration as optional subject?
  4. Which NCERT books should I refer for optional subjects like History and Public Administration for UPSC exam?
  5. Can I go for Law as my second optional after doing B.Tech in ECE?
  6. Can i select law as my 2nd optional after doing ECE?
  7. Eligibility criteria and reference books for Civil Services exams with optional subject Commerce and Public Administration
  8. UPPSC books for both papers along with author and publication name? Optional books for History and Public Administration?
  9. Is coaching required for IAS entrance exam? Can I take management and public administration as optional subjects?
  10. Best coaching centers for IAS with law and public administration subject?
  11. Books for preparation of Punjab PCS 2015 exam?
  12. Civil Services Examination Law (Paper II) - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  13. What is the best option as a optional subject with public administration for IAS exam
  14. Last 10 years question papers for IAS mains exam? Books for Public administration
  15. IAS coaching institute in Hyderabad providing guidance in public administration and sociology?
  16. Best optional subjects for Biotechnology PG student for IAS examination?
  17. What are the career prospects after graduation in Public Administration? -- [New]
  18. Can I select management subject in mains exam of IAS if I have selected Public Administration as optional in prelims? -- [Most Discussed]
28th September 2015, 06:32 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I go for Law as optional after doing B.Tech ECE for GS and Public Administration?

The examination pattern of the Civil Services exams is changed now.

>>First stage is the Preliminary examination in which there are two papers. First paper is the general studies paper and second paper is Civil Services Aptitude test. Now CSAT is qualifying paper in which you need to score only 33% marks. Marks in general studies paper will decide whether you will qualify for Mains or not.

>>The second stage is the Mains examination, in which there are four General studies paper, Essay paper, two language paper and two optional papers from same optional subject. So, now you need to select only one optional paper from which two papers will be conducted by the UPSC.

So you either take Public Administration or Law as an optional depending upon your interest in the subject so that you can excel in exam.

>>The last stage is the interview round.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?