16th September 2011, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Merchant Navy after doing BSc Agriculture? Which type of post can I get?

Sir, I am the student belonging to B.Sc. agriculture. can I able to join merchant navy. which type of post could I get.

17th September 2011, 09:29 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after doing BSc Agriculture? Which type of post can I get?

Merchant Navy !!!

Academic Qualifications :-
10+2 Class or Equivalent with Chemistry , Maths and Physics as Subjects.

Equivalent Examination includes CBSE , ICSE , State Boards

As you have Completed 12 and if your Subjects were PCM then you are Eligible for joining Merchant Navy as a Deck Cadets.

Age Limits :- Unmarried Male and Female and age should not be More than 20 years but for SC/ST it has been relaxed to 5 Years.

Selection is based on JEE Examination conducted by IIT a merit list is prepared after the written test and interview are completed and the Director General of Shipping has the authority to chose which of the 2 training programmes the candidate is best suited for (students can let their preference be known) Both the T.S. Chanakya and MERI institutions do help (under no Government obligations) in recruiting their graduates in suitable Indian Shipping Companies.
17th September 2011, 01:00 PM
praveendia

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after doing BSc Agriculture? Which type of post can I get?

as for merchant navy there is no link between bsc agri. so for that u have to again beat the competition at 12th level by iit jee.and complete the coirse.my advise not to waste ur time and go ahead with ur present side.for better future.best of luck
17th September 2011, 01:50 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

As you have Completed 12 and if your Subjects were PCM then you are Eligible for joining Merchant Navy as a Deck Cadets and navigation officer ;

Age Limits :- Unmarried Male and Female and age limit 16-20..
17th September 2011, 01:52 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

As you have Completed 12 and if your Subjects were PCM then you are Eligible for joining Merchant Navy as a Deck Cadets and navigation officer ;

Age Limits :- Unmarried Male and Female and age limit 16-20..
4th June 2013, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

Can 25 years old b.sc electronics garduate student join merchant navy
16th August 2021, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

As I am from agriculture background can I become navy officer?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?