6th June 2012, 08:07 PM
tp_funkyguys

Can i join merchant Navy after scoring 53% in PCM and 64% overall?

I got 53% in pcm and 64% overall. Can I join merchant navy?...please tell me

7th May 2013, 04:32 PM
chetan.a.b

Arrow Re: Can i join merchant Navy after scoring 53% in PCM and 64% overall?

Hi,

The opportunity to travel around the world and the lure of adventure on the high seas, besides the possibility of high remunerations attracts many youngsters to make a career in the Merchant Navy.

Merchant Navy Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility for joining merchant navy is class 12 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Admission is through entrance followed by a screening test and a main written examination.
Candidates should also need to complete a ship-training course prior to the employment. The course is generally short-term where the candidates are taught basic security concerns of voyaging.
Candidates have to be unmarried Indian citizens (male or female). After clearing the test, there is an interview and a medical test. Normal vision is required but glasses up to plus or minus 2.5 may be allowed.
There are some private institutes, which offer training for merchant navy as well. These institutes prepare students for jobs such as deck cadets and marine engineering jobs.
Indian institutes offering courses in merchant navy are:
  1. Academy of Maritime Training
135, East Coast Road, Kanathur
Mahabalipuram, Chennai
  1. SeaScan Marine Services Pvt. Ltd
Panjim Directorate of Fire Services
St. IWEZ Fire Brigade Ground
and many are there in India, GO FOR IT
Panjim, Goa
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?