2nd June 2012, 03:16 PM
Gurdeep Singh Reen

Can I join Merchant navy after scoring 55% in PCM?

Hello sir.

Recently i had done my 12th with 55% in PCM.. and overall percentage is also 55...can i join merchant navy?? pls answer me sir,,,

Good bye

6th June 2012, 05:22 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant navy after scoring 55% in PCM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurdeep Singh Reen View Post
Hello sir.

Recently i had done my 12th with 55% in PCM.. and overall percentage is also 55...can i join merchant navy?? pls answer me sir,,,

Good bye
Candidates who have qualified higher secondary examination with subject combination of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, may either join any directly as Deck Cadet after going though six months of Pre-Sea Training but in order to join the Engineering Department, one must hold a degree in engineering discipline. However, in order to have a better career opportunities, candidates willing to join the Navigation Department as Deck Cadet should go through bachelors degree program in Nautical Science and those willing to join the Engineering Department must consider Marine Engineering for higher studies.
Now, most of the recognized Institutes offering Nautical Science or Marine Engineering considers only those students who have scored a minimum of 60% marks in the higher secondary level of examination.

Since you have scored 55% in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, you may pursue Pre-Sea Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc Nautical Science affiliated to Indian Maritime University.
Institutes offering the Pre-Sea Diploma Program in Nautical Science are as follows:

Trident College of Marine Technology
International Maritime Academy
Tolani Maritime Academy
T S Chanakya
Maritime Foundation
National Maritime Academy
Southern Academy of Maritime Studies

The admission will be based on the performance in a Common Entrance Examination conducted by Indian Maritime University. For more information, refer to the official website of the institutes offering the course as well as the Indian Maritime University.
13th September 2012, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I m frm kanpur i am in class 10th and i m very eegar to join merchant navy plz tell me what are the benifits of joining it?
19th June 2013, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

how am join navy am get 60% in 10 2 with p.c.m my age is 17
17th July 2014, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

sir can i join in marine engineering as per on my overall marks ,which is 61.4%?
11th June 2015, 07:05 PM
Shubhamsingh95

Yes....you can join merchant there are several college which give you admission even on 55 % in PCM....for more info regarding college or process contact me ....on facebook.....email Id : [email protected]
Shubham
Btech Marine Engineer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?