20th August 2016, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

Are candidates having correspondence degree eligible to appear for IUPAC exam to become IAS?

I want to appear for IUPAC axam but don't have a regular degree. I have a correspondence degree. My question is that Are correspondence degree holder candidates eligible to take IUPAC exam to become IAS?

21st August 2016, 10:08 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are candidates having correspondence degree eligible to appear for IUPAC exam to become IAS?

There is no IUPAC examination to become an I.A.S Officer. To become an I.A.S Officer candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Services examination.

Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

Yes, candidates passed degree from correspondence are eligible to appear for entrance examination. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have degree from any recognised university and age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, if you have above qualification you can appear for 2017 CSE examination conducted by UPSC. Candidates after qualifying in all stages of examination eligible for recruitment as an I.A.S Officer. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
21st August 2016, 11:44 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Are candidates having correspondence degree eligible to appear for IUPAC exam to become IAS?

First thing I want to make you clear that to be an IAS officer you will have to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC not IUPAC.

Also for appearing in Civil Services examination the minimum eligibility required are as following :-

i) You must be an Indian citizen.

ii) Your age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years if you belong to unreserved category. Further age relaxation is provided to reserved category candidates as per the government rules.

iii) You must hold a bachelor degree in any subject of your choice from a recognized open or regular university. Final year students of graduation degree are also eligible.

Yes degree completed by correspondence is considered equivalent to regular degree in case of eligibility for Civil Services examination.

For more details about the same examination you can visit the website www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?