28th June 2013, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

Is chemical branch student eligible for IES entrance exam?

Is chemical branch is eligible for IES exam?...please tell me the details

1st July 2013, 07:30 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is chemical branch student eligible for IES entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is chemical branch is eligible for IES exam?...please tell me the details

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination .

If you have completed B-Tech / BE OR M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also applicable for IES exam.

You have completed B-Tech or BE in Chemical Engineering branch so you are applicable for IES exam.

But you should write your written exam in below departments .So you can choose any department from given below-

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate as per govt rule .

Number of attempts for IES exam is for general student it is 4., for OBC it is 7 times. and for SC/ST it is 9 time.

For more information about IES Exam , you may log into visit http://upsc.gov.in
4th January 2016, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

I am B.E in chemical engineering and I want to give I.E.S exam in what field I got job after cracking this exam
7th January 2016, 08:10 PM
pabolu srivalli

IES is the Indian Engineering services examination which is conducted for shortlisting the candidates for different sections of government services and as you are from the Chemical branch you are not eligible to appear for the IES examination and the branches of study for which the IES examination is conducted are for
  • Electronics and Telecommunication
  • Electrical and electronics engineering
  • Mechanical engineering
  • Civil engineering
These are the branches of study for which the IES examination is eligible for.

IES is the Engineering services examination which is conducted by the UPSC board and only the above mentioned branches of study are only eligible for the IES examination
some of the main required eligibility for IES are.
  1. candidates should have attained 21 years and not exceed 30 years of age limit in order to appear for this recruitment
  2. Should have completed the B.E|B.Tech in the above mentioned branches of study in order to appear for the IES examination
  3. Should belong to the Citizen of India only.

These are the main eligibility criteria in order to appear for the IES examination
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?