2nd August 2011, 04:24 PM
soham77777

Which exams do I need to crack to become a customs officer after MCA?

i am a student of MCA final year, i want be a customs officer(impor/export or airport officer), for that i need complete information regarding what exam i should crack or what step i should take regarding the matter...

3rd August 2011, 02:30 PM
redhead

Default Re: Which exams do I need to crack to become a customs officer after MCA?

For becoming a Customs Officer, you will have to take the Civil Services Examination which provides entry into 27 different services including the Customs & Central Excise Services. Customs Department is one of the two main tax collecting departments of the government whose function is divided into two broad areas: The control of imported and exported goods for the purpose of duty, statistics and checks for entry of prohibited and restricted goods.

If you go for the civil service examination at the right age, then you can retire as chairman of CE and Customs board.

Apart from it, you can appear at Tax Assistant of IT/CE examination conducted by Staff Selection Commision. You can reach up to a rank of Dy Commisioner. Also, you can appear at the clerical examination by Staff Selection commission and become an officer by promotion.

The minimum eligibility for becoming a customs officer is that you should be a graduate from any recognized college. Also, you age must be less than 28 years. However, there is some relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.

The civil service examination has two papers in two steps:

Prelimary Examination
- The Preliminary Examination consists of two papers of objective type (multiple-choice questions) carrying a maximum of 400 marks. The Question Papers (Test Booklets) are set in English & Hindi. It consists of two papers - Paper I and Paper II each of 200 marks and 2 hr duration.

Main Examination - Candidates who qualify the Prelimary examination are qualified for the main examination. The Main examination comprises of nine papers, all of them of a descriptive type conducted within a span of 20 days.It is designed to test not only the academic talent of the aspirant but also his ability to coordinate and present his knowledge in a clear and cogent manner.
3rd August 2011, 02:44 PM
redhead

Default Re: Which exams do I need to crack to become a customs officer after MCA?

For becoming a Customs Officer, you will have to take the Civil Services Examination which provides entry into 27 different services including the Customs & Central Excise Services. Customs Department is one of the two main tax collecting departments of the government whose function is divided into two broad areas: The control of imported and exported goods for the purpose of duty, statistics and checks for entry of prohibited and restricted goods.

If you go for the civil service examination at the right age, then you can retire as chairman of CE and Customs board.

Apart from it, you can appear at Tax Assistant of IT/CE examination conducted by Staff Selection Commision. You can reach up to a rank of Dy Commisioner. Also, you can appear at the clerical examination by Staff Selection commission and become an officer by promotion.

The minimum eligibility for becoming a customs officer is that you should be a graduate from any recognized college. Also, you age must be less than 28 years. However, there is some relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.

The civil service examination has two papers in two steps:

Prelimary Examination
- The Preliminary Examination consists of two papers of objective type (multiple-choice questions) carrying a maximum of 400 marks. The Question Papers (Test Booklets) are set in English & Hindi. It consists of two papers - Paper I and Paper II each of 200 marks and 2 hr duration.

Main Examination - Candidates who qualify the Prelimary examination are qualified for the main examination. The Main examination comprises of nine papers, all of them of a descriptive type conducted within a span of 20 days.It is designed to test not only the academic talent of the aspirant but also his ability to coordinate and present his knowledge in a clear and cogent manner.
3rd August 2011, 08:17 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

The entrance exam for this post is conducted by UPSC. Those who clear the test will be appointed as officers in the excise and customs services. Candidates who miss clearing the exam by a few marks will be given the opportunity to join the state level customs and excise department. The candidates will need to first clear the two levels of the entrance exam, interview round and also the physical fitness round. As part of the first round of the entrance exam the candidates will be tested on the aptitude areas. In the next round will be a subject oriented test. It is important that the candidate clear each level to move to the next round.
9th August 2011, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

when will they conduct the UPSC exam?
27th October 2011, 11:17 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

The entrance exam for this post is conducted by UPSC. Those who clear the test will be appointed as officers in the excise and customs services. Candidates who miss clearing the exam by a few marks will be given the opportunity to join the state level customs and excise department. The candidates will need to first clear the two levels of the entrance exam, interview round and also the physical fitness round. As part of the first round of the entrance exam the candidates will be tested on the aptitude areas. In the next round will be a subject oriented test. It is important that the candidate clear each level to move to the next round.
21st December 2011, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

when will they conduct the UPSC exam?
and qualification of custom officer ,
14th January 2012, 02:24 PM
edward1989

17th November 2012, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

when is the next examination for custom held and where in mumbai will it take place
24th January 2013, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

Which institutionI should approach to get coching for upsc exam?
3rd December 2013, 10:06 AM
Unregistered

which exam do I need crack to become a customs officer after diploma in computer science engineering
28th January 2014, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

i have complete B.C.A from muzaffarnagar.and now i working private custom department but i want to go in government custom department.
24th August 2019, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

i have completed MCA I want to become a custom officer , but i am lacking down without any guides to get into the custom line
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?