1st February 2014, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Diploma is enough to become Customs Officer?

Me doing my diplomo final year sir..is this degree is enough to write entrances to become a customs officer or i need to do any bachelor's degree??

6th February 2014, 07:50 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Diploma is enough to become Customs Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Me doing my diplomo final year sir..is this degree is enough to write entrances to become a customs officer or i need to do any bachelor's degree??
Hey friend,

Diploma is enough to become Customs Officer?

No,you are ineligible for joining in as a Customs Officer,because you are not satisfying the Education qualification needed for becoming a Customs Officer.There are criteria's which are needed to be satisfied by the candidate in order to join in as a Customs officer.

The Thing is that the candidate should have a Education qualification of completed Degree from a recognized university with at least 50% aggregate.But as you have completed only Diploma,you are not satisfying the needed qualification.

So,you are ineligible for joining in as a Customs Officer.
7th February 2014, 11:14 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

No,Diploma is not enough to become Customs Officer.You must definitely have a Bachelor Degree from a recognized university.So to become customs officer you need to attend for an entrance examination.For that you must write Civil Services Exam.Staff Selection Commission recruits the Customs officers by conducting an entrance examination.

This examination is SSC conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.Final year candidates are also eligible to appear for the entrance test.The minimum age must be 18 years and similarly the upper age is allowed up to 27 years.The maximum age must not exceed the 27 years of age.

Being a Customs officer,you are in a position to search the baggages and individuals for the smuggled items.You need to identify the seize the Smuggled goods.Some of the other functions of as Customs Officer are,Undertaking the Physical examination of freight.You need to detect and prosecute the drug smugglers.You need to write reports,fight the increasing problem of alcohol and tobacco smuggling.The other responsibilities of the Customs officer is to college and supply the trade statistics.

Since you are still in the final year of Diploma and So soon after completing the Diploma,try to go for further studies.Because Diploma qualification alone is not eligible to become Customs officer.I would recommend you to complete Bachelor degree,then Apply for it.Customs officer must possess good and excellent communication skills,team working,interpersonal skills.You must be resilient and assertive too.
10th July 2022, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

Is custom an art student's or scince student's course
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?