23rd June 2016, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

How to become an IPS officer? What all preparations we need to do?

How to become an IPS officer? What all preparations we need to do? Who can provide me the details on this? Can you please provide me the complete information on this as soon as possible? Awaiting to get the response. Thank you!

23rd June 2016, 12:34 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IPS officer? What all preparations we need to do?

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. To become IPS officer, you need to appear for Civil Services exam and clear all stages of this exam and be in top ranks of this exam. Minimum qualification for this exam is bachelor's degree and age limit is 21 years.

Preparation strategy:

*First step is to have basic understanding of all subjects which you can obtain by reading NCERT books from standard sixth to 10+2.

*Next step, go through standard books like Laxmikant for polity, Ramesh singh for Economics, Bipan Chandra for History etc.

*Once you are done with these, join test series and assess your performance. Read daily newspapers and be updated with current affairs and recent topics. The Hindu is the best newspaper for civil service aspirants.
23rd June 2016, 05:01 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and for recruitment as an I.P.S officer candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The examination is conducted in three stages, so you have to qualify in the three stages of examination for final recruitment.

Candidates need to go through English newspaper, keep visiting magazine and news channel, have good knowledge of current affairs.

To qualify in the examination you have to study hard and have to maintain great determination and devotion for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
23rd June 2016, 06:04 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

To become Indian Police Services Officer you need to clear the IPS (Indian Police Services) exam which is organized by Union public service commission (UPSC) every year.

Eligibility criteria:::::::::::>>>

**The applicant must have A Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a UGC/AICTE recognized University.

**Final year appeared/appearing candidates can also apply on provision.

**Your age should be minimum of 21 years as on 1st August of the year of examination and must not have attained 30 years of age on that date.

The IPS selection process is consist in three stages.

1.Preliminary exam
2.Main exam
3.Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?