4th November 2016, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

What are the preparations needed from 12th to get the IPS job in future?

Sir/Mam,

I am suraj kumar. I am 12th ISC student. I am doing graduation arts history in one of the top college in Delhi. How to get the IPS job in future? What are the preparations needed? Can you please guide me with the step by step process on the same?

Thanks!

6th November 2016, 08:42 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the preparations needed from 12th to get the IPS job in future?

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. It comes under Civil Services of India. To join Indian Police Services, you will have to clear all stages of Civil Services examination of India which is Preliminary, Mains and interview. Given below step by step process for clearing this examination.

Step 1: Basic stage or foundation level preparation.

>>Read NCERT books of History, Geography, Political science, Economics etc from standard 6th to 12th. You can supplement your preparation with help of Tamil Nadu state books of History also. Practice objective questions on these books.

Step 2: Advanced level preparation:

>>Now, you need to study standard books like Polity by Laxmikant, History by Bipan Chandra, Geography by GC Leong, Economics by Ramesh Singh etc.

>>Make your notes in your language.

>>You can take History as your optional as you have done bachelor's degree and it will help you in exam.

Step 3: Join any test series of Vision IAS or Vajiram IAS etc to assess your performance. Revision is key, in a week, keep a day for revision of whatever you have read.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?