22nd November 2012, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

How can I appear for IAS exam after doing graduation in design

I am a design student .i have done my graduation in design filled can i appear in IAS exam ?

8th March 2013, 05:56 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I appear for IAS exam after doing graduation in design

Graduates from any of the recognized University can apply for IAS. For this you must have completed 21 years of age. Upper age limit for the exam is 30 years. Maximum number of attempts allowed for the test is 4. Applications can be forwarded through UPSC portal.
8th March 2013, 08:43 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a design student .i have done my graduation in design filled can i appear in IAS exam ?
Yes, you can apply if you have completed your Graduation from a recognised university

Eligibilty to apply for the UPSC Ciovil services Exams is:

Educational Qualifications :
Graduation pass in any discipline from a UGC/AICTE recognised University.
Final year appeared/appearing candidates can also apply.

Age Limit :
General Category-Between 21 and 30 years
OBC- Between 21-33yrs
SC/ST- Between 21-35yrs

Attempts :
General Category-4 times
OBC-7 times
SC/ST-No restrictions

Next UPSC Prelims Exams will be held on 26th MAY 2013
Notifications for this exam has been released on 5th March 2013
Last date to apply is 4th April 2013
9th March 2013, 08:12 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Yes, you can appear for IAS exam after Graduation in Designing.

To become an IAS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.
The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
9th March 2013, 08:52 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

The acronym IAS stands for the Indian Administrative services.For this administrative services the entrance examination is organised every year by the UPSC and is called the Civil services examinations

Civil services examinations is conducted for different services like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS etc.In order to give this examination you need to fulfill some of the important requirements mentioned below:

1.In case of academic qualifications any one who has done his bachelor 's degree in any stream from a recognized university is eligible and even final year bachelor's degree candidates are eligible for the examinations.

So friend with bachelor's degree in design ,you are eligible for the Civil services examinations.

2.Now coming to age criteria:

The minimum age required to be eligible for the examinations is 21 years and the upper age limit depends upon the category to which you belong:

General:30 years

OBC:33 years

SC/ST: 35 years

3.Nationality: You must be an Indian citizen.

Civil services examination consists of three stages which are:

>>Preliminary test called Civil services aptitude test

>>Main examination

>>Personal interview

The no of attempts for candidates of different category are as below:

General:4

OBC:7

SC/ST: no limit.

For any other details ,you may visit the official website of UPSC that is www.upsc.gov.in

Hope the information helps you.

all the best

aashisranjan784
4th May 2013, 02:47 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

IAS Exam i.e. Indian Administrative Exam.IAS exams are conducted by UPSC every year.
To become IAS officer you need to complete Graduation from a recognized university.Minimum qualification required to appear for IAS exams is Graduation from a recognized university.

It is under Civil Service Exam conducted once in a Year by UPSC.To become an IAS Officer One Needs to crack Civil Service Exam.

FOR IAS PREPARATION:You need focused study of subjects. You should analyze the syllabus, and hard work is needed to crack this examination.
You need to have good knowledge of current affairs and our history and administration.
You can download previous year question papers from Following links:
http://www.onestopias.com/
http://www.upscportal.com/civilservices/papers
http://www.jagranjosh.com/

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Educational Qualifications :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts:
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
17th April 2017, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I do my graduation again after educational gap of 4-5 yr without knowing my inlaws
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?