22nd October 2016, 11:58 AM
Ayush Shukla,Ghaziabad

How to join Indian Forest Service after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

Actually I want to join Indian Forest Service after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, so please explain me details that how can I make it possible?

Related Questions:
23rd October 2016, 10:20 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Forest Service after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayush Shukla,Ghaziabad View Post
Actually I want to join Indian Forest Service after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, so please explain me details that how can I make it possible?
After completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, you are eligible for Indian Forest Service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering are eligible for IFS exam.

Final year student are also eligible for IFS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

Selection procedure:-

Written Test

Medical Test

Physical Test
27th December 2017, 01:32 PM
nishanth60

Default Re: How to join Indian Forest Service after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

Yes, you are definitely eligible to apply for Indian Forest Services exam conducted by UPSC after the completion of B.Tech in mechanical engineering.
The educational qualification required to apply for this exam is Degree with atleast one of the subjects as geology, mathematics, chemistry, botony, animal husbandry and veterinary science, physics, zoology & agriculture, forestry or engineering. Final year pursuing students are also eligible to apply.
Age limit to apply for this exam is 21-32 years and the age relaxations are :
-> 3 years for OBC candidates
-> 5 years for SC and ST candidates
Abd maximum number of attempts allowed are :
* 6 times for General category
* 9 times for OBC candidates
* No limit for SC and ST candidates.
And selection process of this exam is
-> Preliminary exam(objective type), which is of qualifying nature to shortlist the candidates for main exam
-> Main exam is descriptive type and is conducted in 6 papers
-> Personal Interview will be conducted to the candidates who qualified in main exam
-> Medical fitness test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?