15th September 2011, 03:41 PM
pramodjoshi

How to join Merchant Navy being a candidate having secured 56% in 12th?

MY son passed 12th this year with 56% marks in science subject and he wants to join merchant nevy

Related Questions:
  1. How can I join Merchant Navy if secured 51% in 10th and 67% in 12th PSEB?
  2. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  3. Procedure and eligibility to join Merchant Navy for a candidate who has secured 76% in 12th Science of NIOS Board?
  4. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?
  5. How to join Merchant Navy for B.Tech Electronics and Instrumentation having secured 57% in 12th?
  6. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
  7. When to get the application forms for Merchant Navy being a candidate of 12th? Job Opportunities after the completion of B.Tech in Merchant Navy?
  8. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  9. Can I join Merchant navy after passing 12th commerce? What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  10. What is the qualification required to become a marine officer?
  11. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
  13. How to join in Merchant Navy after completing 12th?
  14. How can I join Merchant Navy having 72% in 12th with PCM? Fee structure of the course to pursue? -- [New]
  15. How to join Merchant Navy having secured 47% in Inter with PCM?
  16. What type of jobs are there in Merchant Navy for HSC passed students?
  17. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy
  18. How to join Merchant navy after completing 12th? List of the government colleges?
15th September 2011, 06:29 PM
divyashri rajwaniya

Thumbs up Re: How to join Merchant Navy being a candidate having secured 56% in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodjoshi View Post
MY son passed 12th this year with 56% marks in science subject and he wants to join merchant nevy
Gudnoon..

Yes, you can join the merchant navy this year but you should have atleast 60% overall to be eligible. Basically,12 % are not so important so but you must be academically good in your graduation level so that you can get even more better job.

best of luck!
15th September 2011, 06:54 PM
Tapan Manoharmayum

Default Re: How to join Merchant Navy being a candidate having secured 56% in 12th?

Quote:
As far as i know to join a merchant navy 60% is a must.But if your family background is in a defence force then you can take into consideration.

All the best !!!
15th September 2011, 09:24 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to join Merchant Navy being a candidate having secured 56% in 12th?

HOW TO JOIN MERCHANT NAVY ?

FOR JOINING MERCHANT NAVY YOU NEED TO FULFILL CERTAIN ELIGIBILTY CRITERIA AS PER DGS.

Interested in Joining Merchant Navy !!! Please read below and select your Qualifications :
Lower than class 10 OR upto class 10 with less than 40% aggregate marks
10 with Science, Mathematic with 40% or more aggregate marks
2-Year I.T.I. course with minimum 50% aggregate marks in final year
10+2 with equal or more than 40% marks in any stream
10+2 with equal or more than 55% but less than 60% marks in PCM aggregate
10+2 with equal or more than 60% marks in PCM aggregate
B.Sc. with equal or more than 50% marks in the final year (with physics in any of the years of B.Sc.)
B.E. or B.Tech. with equal or more than 50% marks in the final year
B.E. or B.Tech.(Mechanical / Naval Architecture) with equal or more than 50% marks in the final year
Other qualification not in the option.

for there are two courese available are

6 months Pre-Sea course for General Purpose Rating
6 months Pre-Sea course for Saloon Rating OR Certificate Course in Maritime Catering (CCMC)

you can also check you eligibility direct online log on to the site and enter some required details then see your eligibility

http://www.jahajee.com/join-merchant-navy/

all the best
16th September 2011, 12:32 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Merchant Navy !!!

Age Limits :- Unmarried Male and Female and age should not be More than 20 years but for SC/ST it has been relaxed to 5 Years.

Academic Qualifications :-
10+2 Class or Equivalent with Chemistry , Maths and Physics as Subjects.

Equivalent Examination includes CBSE , ICSE , State Boards

As you have Completed 12 and if your Subjects were PCM then you are Eligible for joining Merchant Navy as a Deck Cadets.

More Information :-

Selection is based on JEE Examination conducted by IIT a merit list is prepared after the written test and interview are completed and the Director General of Shipping has the authority to chose which of the 2 training programmes the candidate is best suited for (students can let their preference be known) Both the T.S. Chanakya and MERI institutions do help (under no Government obligations) in recruiting their graduates in suitable Indian Shipping Companies.

Physical Requirements

Candidates who apply for Merchant Navy should be physically and mentally fit.

The Navigators are required to have a perfect eyesight,

though marine engineers can wear spectacles for eyesight up to plus/ minus 2.5.

Colour blind people need not apply. The candidate must be immune to sea sickness.

& Candidate must have height not less than 150cm, weight should be according to the height.
16th September 2011, 02:56 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello Sir,
As you have mentioned that your son has qualified +2 level of examination in science, he is definitely eligible to join Merchant Navy.
Basically, there are two ways open for him to join merchant navy.
He may either first pursue courses in marine engineering or nautical science and than join as an junior engineer or deck cadet in any shipping company.
Or he may join directly as deck cadet having qualified +2 level of examination with physics, chemistry and maths.
But, it is always better to pursue courses in either marine engineering or nautical science before joining any shipping company.
17th September 2011, 12:37 AM
saugata2008

You can go for both technical and nontechnical jobs in Merchant Navy .You can apply for Deck Cadet in Merchant Navy .
Eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy -

1. 12th from any recognized university .
2. 12th with PCM.
3. Age limit = 16 to 19 years .
4. Marital status = Unmarried .
5. Sex = Male
6. Eye sight = 6/6
7. Chest = 77cms in normal condition and 82cms in expansion .

name of some colleges are - MERI(Kolkata ,Mumbai )

you can get more details from -

www.bharatshipping.com

Thank you
28th November 2011, 10:09 PM
shubhambiswas
Senior Member+

Unmarried Male and Female and age should not be More than 20 years but for SC/ST it has been relaxed to 5 Years.

10+2 Class or Equivalent with Chemistry , Maths and Physics as Subjects.

Equivalent Examination includes CBSE , ICSE , State Boards

As you have Completed 12 and if your Subjects were PCM then you are Eligible for joining Merchant Navy as a Deck Cadets.

More Information :-

Selection is based on JEE Examination conducted by IIT a merit list is prepared after the written test and interview are completed and the Director General of Shipping has the authority to chose which of the 2 training programmes the candidate is best suited for (students can let their preference be known) Both the T.S. Chanakya and MERI institutions do help (under no Government obligations) in recruiting their graduates in suitable Indian Shipping Companies.

Physical Requirements

Candidates who apply for Merchant Navy should be physically and mentally fit.

The Navigators are required to have a perfect eyesight,

though marine engineers can wear spectacles for eyesight up to plus/ minus 2.5.

Colour blind people need not apply. The candidate must be immune to sea sickness.

& Candidate must have height not less than 150cm, weight should be according to the height.
19th March 2012, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

i m studying b tech ( eee 3rd year ),but i m intrested to join in navy so i want to continue 4th year, how can i join indian navy?
21st June 2012, 05:45 AM
Unregistered

I had secure 55% in pcm in 12 class
in which college I can get a admision .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?