30th April 2011, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Merchant Navy after completing B.E in Information Technology?

hello my name is shyamal sharma and i have done b.e in information technology
and i want to join merchant navy please tell me the procedure to join it?my no.is 8527343133 and my e-mail id is [email protected]

3rd May 2011, 06:10 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Merchant Navy after completing B.E in Information Technology?

Sorry dear there is no requirment for IT Engineers in Merchant Navy in any of the departments Deck, Engine, Radio, Services etc.

Yeah but you have option

For Deck Rating: Any bachelor degree(as it is prefered) with 1 year or 6 months pre-sea training.
Age Limit: 21 and 23 years.

Catering Rating: Any background will do. However, background in hotel management with experience in the hospitality business will be a great help.
In this field you need to upgrade your skills every nine months or so, through proficiency development or skill development courses in the maritime academies and pass examinations conducted by the Directorate General of Shipping (DGS). This will be your key to new contracts.

Age Limit: 25 years for MBA holders.

Regards
~Faiyaz~

3rd May 2011, 07:56 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Default Re: Procedure to join Merchant Navy after completing B.E in Information Technology?

Courses :

Marine Engineering and Nautical (deck) are two fields in merchant navy. To become a
seafarer following Pre-Sea courses are available to Indian citizens in the various
institutions recognized and approved by Director General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping

There is no special course for IT engineering students.But you can do these courses:

3 month course for Deck Cadets for (10+2) students.
3 year degree course in Nautical Science for (10+2) students.
4 year degree course in Marine Engineering for (10+2) students.

Govt training Institutes :

Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai.
Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata.
Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai.
Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai.
5th August 2011, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

I had done post-sea training from IIPM,Kolkata for NWKO(FG) on 1996 and appeared exam upto 1998. But some domestic problem I could not appear
exam. I want to appear now. How can I appear? Can I appear NWKO(NCV) without joining college? Please help me in this regard.
20th December 2011, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE DONE BE. IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND I WANT TO JOIN MARCHANT NAVY
8th October 2017, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

I'm an electronic & telecommunication engineer and I want to join merchant navy. What is the procedure to join merchant navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?