8th September 2012, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

Required Percentage of Marks in Degree course to apply for IAS Exam?

how much percentag required in degree to apply for IAS

8th September 2012, 10:38 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

Default Re: Required Percentage of Marks in Degree course to apply for IAS Exam?

IAS stands For Indian Administration Service Conducted By UPSC in every Year.

Educational Qualification
The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities and candidate must be citizen of India.

Age Limit
A general category candidate must have - 21 years to 30 years .

Number of attempts permitted
For General Category - 4
For OBC - 7
For SC & ST - No Limit

Here are some book for IAS Preparation

8th September 2012, 11:33 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Required Percentage of Marks in Degree course to apply for IAS Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. If you are aspiring to become an IAS officer then you should have to apply for Civil Service Examination and also have crack it with good score....

This examis conducted by UPSC twice in every year in month of June and December.

A candidate who is aspiring tobecome an IAS officer must full fill the following qualification:

>> A candidate should havecompleted their Graduation degree in any stream from recognized Univeraities.
There is no any percentage limit for applying IAS a student just have to pass their graduation degree

>> Final year student may also applicable for IAS.

>> Age should be between 21-30 years for general category. There is a reoaxation is available for SC/ST category.

>> A general category student may can apply maximum 4 attempt..

>> This exam is conducted in two ways
1. Prielim exam
2. Main exam

>> Exam Pattern......

1. Prilim exam
2. Main exam
3. Personal Interview.

For more information please visit at:
http://upsc.gov.in

With Regards.......
Dharm27
8th September 2012, 11:42 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

There is no requirement of any percentage of marks to apply for IAS exam, there is also no specific exam as IAS exam but to become an IAS(Indian Administrative Service) officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

To be eligible for IAS Civil Service Exam, one must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidate up to 5 years and for OBC candidate up to 3 years.

The selection is through three phases:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

-Civil Service Main Exam

-Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
8th September 2012, 11:57 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: Required Percentage of Marks in Degree course to apply for IAS Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey friend,

IAS - Indian Administrative Service

There is nothing specific about the percentage which is needed to be got in order to apply for the IAS exam to join in as IAS officer.

The education qualification needed for the IAS exam is that you need to have completed a degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage in any discipline

There are certain other standards which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the IAS exam and they are:

-> Nationality

-> Age Limit

-> Education Qualification

As i said about education qualification before itself to tell about the other criteria's they are that:

>> You need to be a citizen of India

>> The age limit needed for joining in IAS course is that you need to have 21-30 years of age for general Category candidates

>> For Sc/St candidates it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years and for Ex-service men they get an excpetion of 5 years from the prescribed limits.

If you are satisfying them all then you can apply for the IAS exam

Selection Procedure:

## Preliminary Exam

## Main Exam

## Interview

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
9th September 2012, 12:18 AM
sahadathusain

hello friends,
there is no need to percentage in degree course for applying IAS.there is other thing required for applying IAS like as
age limit ,qualification, etc.
if you have done a degree from any recognized university.then you can apply for IAS.
best of luck for your good future.
9th September 2012, 11:11 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

hello dear,
The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities and candidate must be citizen of India.

Age Limit
A general category candidate must have - 21 years to 30 years .

Number of attempts permitted
For General Category - 4
For OBC - 7
For SC & ST - No Limit

good luck
4th January 2013, 04:27 PM
sekar2000

I am GUNASEKARAN.K from Tamil Nadu , i doing final year M.Sc(5 years integrated course) and i am a physically challenged person, I want become IAS officer , am i eligible for write the IAS exam, and what are the things needed for applying IAS exam. Please reply me at [email protected] (or) +91-9597020838. Thank You..........
23rd November 2013, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

second class in degree wont be a problem to become an ias officer?
21st February 2014, 10:38 AM
Unregistered

is there any possibility in future to fixing any % marks in graduation for applying in upsc exam
29th November 2016, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

I have passed tha MA but as a non collegeous so i am able to exam or not and how many percentage require for the exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?