23rd January 2011, 05:57 AM
Unregistered

Subjects for IAS for 16 year old?

i am 16 now i want to become an ias officer what should i do and what subject is required?

23rd January 2011, 07:25 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Subjects for IAS for 16 year old?

For the IAS exam you need to first complete your gradation.You can choose the stream as per your choice as there is no restrictions in the streams for appearing for the entrance exam. But in the mean time you can update yourself in the general knowledge area. You can purchase books like Manorama year book and update your knowledge in this area. After joining for graduation based on the stream chosen you can select two optional subjects from the UPSC site and prepare for the same.
23rd January 2011, 09:40 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

the minimum required to appear in IAS examination is you should have minimum of graduation degree from a recognized institution and your age must be within 21 to 30 if you belongs to general category student. otherwise there is relaxation of 5years of age on upper limit.

so now you can not appear in IAS examination. i think you have passed 10 and you want suggestion in which field you will study on 10+2 or in graduation to appear in IAS examination.

in this regard i will suggest you, only you should have graduation degree irrespective of the branch of study. so you may study in which subject you have own interest. in IAS examination there are mix up of subject from science or arts. so you will not get total benefit whatever you choose. but if you have potential to study in science then go for science. the opportunity and scope is very good for science student.

best wishes.
23rd January 2011, 01:15 PM
amlendu
Senior Member++

Dear,
the minimum required to appear in IAS examination is you should have minimum of graduation degree from a recognized institution and your age must be within 21 to 30 if you belongs to general category student. otherwise there is relaxation of 5years of age on upper limit.

so now you can not appear in IAS examination. i think you have passed 10 and you want suggestion in which field you will study on 10+2 or in graduation to appear in IAS examination.

in this regard i will suggest you, only you should have graduation degree irrespective of the branch of study. so you may study in which subject you have own interest. in IAS examination there are mix up of subject from science or arts. so you will not get total benefit whatever you choose. but if you have potential to study in science then go for science. the opportunity and scope is very good for science student.
Thanks.
23rd January 2011, 03:25 PM
Gurpreet Singh Wadhwa

firstly i praise you for choice as IAS because you have choose your aim in such a smaal age.I hope you will focus on it regularly.

Requirements

1. 10+2 AND Graduation from some recognized college.
2. Age limit :21-30 years (relaxation for SC,ST of 5 Years)

keep focus on G.S(GENERAL STUDIES) And Communication Skills.They help a people a lot.

Best of Luck.
23rd January 2011, 05:36 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...
you are not eligible to write the ias exam at the age of 16,you have to be above 21 years of age to write the exam and also an graduate,
the best advice for you would be that you start preparing for the ias exam from now only and you will have an very good chance of clearing the exam when you become eligible,

according to the present pattern the ias exam has two written parts,first one is the prelims in this part you have general studies and the aptitude part,
you should start studying the general part from now only and make your basics really strong in it,
as for as the mains is concerned you have to choose your own two subjects,so start preparing for two subjects which you really thing you can be good at in the future
all the best
24th January 2011, 11:27 AM
mychandru024

Thats very nice... you have a goal right now!!!! so,you start preparing for that from now. read social studies very well. Read newspapers daily and some competitive magazines also. Be updated about all current affaies....

to take up IAS exam you must complete your degree(Any degree)....
24th January 2011, 01:13 PM
Maxsteel

Its good that you have decided to become IAS at age of 16.
For IAS the minimum eligibility is Graduation.
You should start its preparation from now onwards.
As you are only 16 do two things, start reading Pratiyogita Darpan & Editorial Page of Times Of India & The Hindu. It will help In Your Basics. and at your Graduation Start Prepration for your subject . So till 21 you will have strong foundation & it will help you in your exam
25th January 2011, 07:33 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am 16 now i want to become an ias officer what should i do and what subject is required?
dear friend,
you can apply for the IAS exam, only after completing graduation in any field with atleast 60% marks. the subjects which are important for the exam are the subjects which you will study in your graduation. also there is an general knowledge exam also in ias, for which you can prepare from now by reading newspaper or by watching television news regularly
31st January 2011, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

Dear friend,
i m 15 now i have passed my ssc examination with 95% marks and i have chosen commerce faculty for furthur studies .So please guide me and suggest me that what i should do furthur and on which subjects shoud i concentrate much
8th February 2011, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

hi....... i m in class 8th right now! i want to become an IAS officer .......
so..... can u please suggest me the subjects i should take for class 9th.......... science or economics????????
n for 11th which subjects should i focus on????
16th March 2011, 07:19 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Subjects for IAS for 16 year old?

Quote:
hi....... i m in class 8th right now! i want to become an IAS officer .......
so..... can u please suggest me the subjects i should take for class 9th.......... science or economics????????
Hello Bro..

your interest towards Civil Services is really appreciable.

and answer to your questions are...

Quote:
can u please suggest me the subjects i should take for class 9th.......... science or economics????????
you take economics it will be helpful in your future..

you should have a clear grip on economics to survive and implement your ideas after becoming IAS

next

Quote:
if you are really focussed on IAS then try to take some social groups or arts group

that will fetch you in future..

or else try with these subjects also in degree psycology...

all the best

~aditya~
21st March 2011, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

i had completed my diploma in medical lab technologies after my 10th. i want to become an IAS officer so what step i should take next?
23rd March 2011, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to choose any other language than English for appearing for IAS?
25th March 2011, 01:12 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Hello,
For IAS you are not eligible rightnow.
For IAS exam which are conducted by UPSC,you should have Graduation degree from a recognized University & your age 21 to 30 years (for General Category).

So,Complete your Graduation. You can choose subjects as per your Interest.

For more details about UPSC IAS exam,Please refer to official website:
www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
Kapila
29th March 2011, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

I want to become a fashion designer but I have heard that it is not a good as it is a private job. But my father wants me to become an IAS officer. I am totally confused about selecting the stream in 1. My general knowlwdge is also not so good so, is there a scope that I can improve my G.K in my coming years and become an IAS. Is social studies important for that because I dont have interest in SST.
30th March 2011, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

HELLO, I AM 16 YRS OLD AND HAVE FIXED MY AIM TO BECOME IAS OFFICER.CAN YOU SUGGEST ME THE SCOORING SUBJECTS AS I AM LITTLE CONFUSED .I HAVE CHOOSE ARTS IN 1 2AS IT WOULD BE EASY FOR ME TO PREPARE FOR IAS...MY SBJECTS IN 1 2 R MATHS ,ECONOMICS,IP,GOOGRAPHY,ENG............<I DONT WANT TO GO FOR HISTORY DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST>.PLEASE SUGGEST ME A PERFECT PAIR ACC. TO THE SUB CHOOSEN IN ARTS STREAM ..I HOPE YOU WILL HELP ME
30th March 2011, 09:34 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

Indian Administrative Officer (IAS) exam is conducted by UPSC in
every year. IAS officer job is a high level job of India.

The minimum eligibility criteria for IAS exam is graduation in any
stream from a recognize university and the age must be between
21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of IAS exam.

If you have 16 years old then you are not eligible for IAS exam
because the minimum age for the appearing of IAS exam is 21 years.
If you want to get more information about IAS exam then please
see the official website of UPSC.

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
31st March 2011, 02:32 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

I think you have just heard the Name "IAS" only , and know nothing about it.
You have to go a long way to become IAS.
First complete your 12th in field of your interest and then complete your graduation. While pursuing graduation build a strong base in General science,.
Become a avid reader of newspaper from now.
1st April 2011, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

sir Maddusaji can u please tell for prelims which book to b referred at my age 16 for preparing coz nw days i sit idle
5th April 2011, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

hey m in 12 th i choose medical i want to be an IAS officer plz tell me what i have to do to achieve my goal?
11th May 2011, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

It is my dream to be an IAS officer but I don't know which books should be helpful for me. I want whole criteria and info about IAS .Actually,I m in 12th and fully ready for civil services
25th May 2011, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

i had cmpleted 12 by non medicalwith computer science. now please suggest me about the subjects in graduation.i am not intersted in science. please guide me
27th May 2011, 12:07 AM
pradeepdeshwal3626

Quote:

friend,

1)The minimum required to appear in IAS examination is you should have minimum of graduation degree(any branch) from a recognized institution.
2) your age must be within 21 to 30 if you belongs to general category student. otherwise there is relaxation of 5years of age on upper limit.
3) there are mix up of subject from science or arts. so you will not get total benefit whatever you choose.

good luck.
1st June 2011, 12:56 AM
mailmeshekhar2011

hi dear,

Thanks
30th June 2011, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

im 16 now .i have chosen computer science for my class11.i have decided to study sociology in future ie, in ma college (a degree).wat should i do to become an ias officer?suggest me some books and magazines to improve my gk.please give me some guideline.
16th August 2011, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

i want to know that which are the most scoring subjet to crack the ias exam ,who gives a lot marks and what are subject choose by toppers
21st November 2011, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

hai i had done my graduation form a recognized university. I would like to prepare for civil's. Please let me know the deep description about civil's please post the details to [email protected] or [email protected]. please let me know the your contact details to get the information about civil's
11th May 2012, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

when i was 14 yrs old i decided to become an KAS officer and now, i am 16 yrs old i choosed arts for eleventh class is it good for preparing an KAS ?
11th August 2012, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

i m 11th science student .my aim is to became an ias officer..should i have to start coaching for ias after 12
30th July 2013, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

i m 16 years old nd want to be an IAS officer... i knw tat i cnt appear for d exams nw bt cn u plz tl tel me tat hw cn i increase my genral knwledg nd wat can i do to prepare it..???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?