11th February 2018, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

What is the age limit for IAS KAS and IPS exams for Army Ex-Servicemen?

What is the age limit for IAS, KAS, and IPS exams for Army Ex-Service person?I have completed BA degree in open University from Mysore Manasa Gangotri.

22nd February 2018, 12:50 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit for IAS KAS and IPS exams for Army Ex-Servicemen?

Indian Administrative Services and Indian Police Services comes under Civil Services examination. The age limit of Civil Services examination is 21-32 years. There is three years upper age relaxation for OBC candidates, five years for SC/ST and five years for Ex Serviceman.

In case of KAS, the age limit for general category candidate is 21-37 years. It is relaxed by three years for OBC, five years for SC/ST and five years for Ex Serviceman candidates.

Bachelor's degree is the minimum qualification required for both exam.
22nd February 2018, 04:17 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit for IAS KAS and IPS exams for Army Ex-Servicemen?

The basic eligibility requirements for becoming IAS/ IPS/ KAS are almost same. The detailed information is mentioned below:

- The candidate should have studied graduation level degree in any discipline from any recognised university.
- The age should be between 21 - 30 years.
- There is 3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates, 5 years age relaxation for SC/ ST candidates and 10 years age relaxation for Ex army servicemen.

For civil service exams and notifications, you can check the official website of UPSC.
22nd February 2018, 07:05 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

First thing I would like to let you know that for becoming IAS or IPS, you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC.

As far as you are concerned about the age limit for appearing in Civil Services examination and KAS i.e; Karnataka Administrative Services Examination then it is 21 years to 32 years in case of Civil Services examination and 21 years to 35 years in case of KAS examination. There is provision of age relaxation for candidates belonging to reserved category as per the government norms. In addition to age relaxation offered on the basis of category, there is provision of age relaxation of additional 5 years for exservice-men candidates.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in where as for details regarding KAS examination you can visit the link www.kpsc.kar.nic.in.
23rd February 2018, 01:30 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

Age criteria for IAS KAS

Candidates should be between in 21to 37 years.
There are some relaxation in age for reserved category
3 years for OBC
5 years for ST/SC/Ex-servicemen
23rd February 2018, 07:54 PM
MNB1234

To appear in the IAS exams you have to apply for the UPSC civil services exams.

Age Limit:Minimum 21 years for all candidates
Maximum age is 32 years for General category candidates
3 years age relation for OBC candidates
5 years for SC/ST candidates and ex-Service Men

Educational Qualifications to appear in this exams:Graduation pass in any stream from an recognised University.

Age limit of KAS is between 21 and 37 years with 5 years age relaxation for Ex Servicemen.
9th March 2020, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

I served in Indian Army for 24 years and my present age is 44 years.
Can I apply for KAS exam
10th July 2020, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for kas as I am 40 years old and served 17 years in army
15th September 2020, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

my age is 37 years,I am a ex servicemen my civil qualification 12th,but govt of India issued me graduation certificate ,security officer certificate ,and all ready i have black cat commando certificate issued by NSG,night vission goggle and travel shootig certificate issued by DRDO Raipur Dehradun, and fitter,instrument,arms repair certificate issued by govt by India.Can I apply how type of job.
30th October 2020, 08:35 AM
Unregistered

I am 39 years..I am going to retire in 4 years..
What is the age limit for me in kas exam...
11th January 2022, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Is there any age relaxation for ex servicemen in Jammu and Kashmir public services commision . Plz clearify
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?