15th October 2012, 08:30 PM
Prajwal Lingad

What is the age limit to write IIT exam?

what is the age to write iit exam..Could u please tell me what is the limit

22nd January 2013, 07:56 PM
ipmishra
Member+

Default Re: What is the age limit to write IIT exam?

Hi
The age limit for appearing IIT JEE is 25 years.

You can give IIT JEE twice in consecutive years;the year of giving the boards and the next year.
You must have PCM in 12th.
Must have passed with an aggregate marks of at least 60% in PCM.
All the best.
23rd January 2013, 12:36 AM
aman1257

Smile Re: What is the age limit to write IIT exam?

HI

==Eligibility==
The age limit for sitting the JEE is 25 years. For candidates belonging to [[Scheduled Caste|SC]], [[Scheduled Tribe|ST]] and PD categories, the relaxed age limit is 30 years.

Also, since 2007, candidates have been allowed to take the JEE a maximum of two times. This change was intended to reduce stress on applicants, and to discourage the concept of 'cram schools'. Also since 2007, students selected for admission to an IIT and paid the accepting fee, cannot attempt the examination again in the future.

==New Admission Norms for IIT==
The Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and the Union government have finally agreed to the new format of IIT entrance examination as suggested by the Joint Admission Board (JAB). The new format of exams will be implemented from 2013.

Joint Admission Board (JAB) of IIT Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced)- 2013 met on August 27, 2012 at IIT Delhi to discuss the forthcoming admission. The admission to the undergraduate programmes at the 16 IITs and ISMU, Dhanbad for the year 2013 will be based on a two-tier test. The first test called the JEE (Main), will be held during the month of April, 2013 (both offline and online). This test will be conducted by CBSE. The second test, called the JEE (Advanced), will be held on June 2, 2013 (only offline). Only 1,50,000 of the top rankers in JEE(Main), which includes students from all categories( GE,OBC(NCL), SC and ST ) will be eligible to appear in JEE(Advanced).

The JEE (Advanced)- 2013 will have two objective type papers. Each paper will consist of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Duration of each paper will be 3-hours. Question papers will be in both English and Hindi. Admissions to IITs will be based only on category wise All India Rank (AIR) in JEE(Advanced) subject to the condition that such candidates are in the top 20 percentile of successful candidates of their Boards in applicable categories.

According to RK Shevgaonkar, director, IIT-Delhi, the aim of the new format is to make students perform well in their board exams without neglecting it and not get influenced by the coaching classes offering tutorials for IIT-JEE.
23rd January 2013, 02:13 AM
saikrishna39

Thumbs up Re: What is the age limit to write IIT exam?

DEAR ASPIRANT

2013 EXAM PATTERN CHANGE IIT EXAM SOME ELGIBITY GIVEN BELOW :

1.You apply after 12 th wiith 60 % marks PCM

2.Age limit 17 to 25 years.

3.All entrence exam only one is known as ISEET.

4.12TH 40% add in IIT exam

ALL THE BEST
23rd January 2013, 02:18 AM
SHARIB IZHAR

The age limit to write IIT JEE exam is 25years. But, for those candidates belonging to SC, ST and PD categories, the relaxed age limit is 30 years.

Aspirants have been allowed to take the IIT-JEE a maximum of two times. First, during the 12th board exam and again in the next year only.

General, OBC and DC candidates are required to secure the minimum of 60% marks in their Board examination and other qualifying examination.
SC, ST and PD candidates are required to secure minimum of 55% marks in respective examination.

Thank you,...
26th April 2013, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

My self is Basrudeen & still i am 19 year old. i have passed 2 in 2012.still may i have apply for iitjee entrance exam in 2014 ?
30th May 2013, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

my age is 04 -07-1999(4july1999).and I will attend the 12 class (10 2) exam with pcm in 2014.please can tell me.can I attend iit jee main exam in 2014
10th July 2014, 08:27 AM
Unregistered

I have not given iitjee test during my intermideate now how many times I can give iitjee test
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?