3rd September 2012, 11:12 PM
adithya78

What is the eligibility criteria to take up NET?

Dear Sir,

My name is Adithya and have completed MSW in Mangalore University. I have obtained 57% of marks.

I do not know any formalities to take up NET. Kindly guide me.

With Kind regards

Adithya H C

17th September 2012, 01:22 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria to take up NET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya78 View Post
Dear Sir,

My name is Adithya and have completed MSW in Mangalore University. I have obtained 57% of marks.

I do not know any formalities to take up NET. Kindly guide me.

With Kind regards

Adithya H C
NET stands for National Eligibility test, this examination is conducted by UGC, Twice in a year and the examination is conducted to select candidates for the post of Lectureship OR Junior research fellowship. You will get certificate from UGC, after clear this examination.

If you aim is to become Lecturer in some good colleges or wants to P.HD Course in future then you can apply for NET Examination.

The examination conducted in JUNE and DECEMBER Every year and you have to apply for this examination after post graduation.

=>You have to scored minimum 55% marks in your post graduation to apply for NET Examination, Final year appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for NET.

=> You have to attained the age of 19 years and there is no upper age restriction to apply for Lectureship post. But for JRF Post, your age should not be more than 28 years.

Notification of December NET Examination is going to be published soon in the month of October this year, You have to fill application form online after pay the fees of Rs 450 through challan form in SBI Bank.

So, you have to wait for the notification to apply for NET, If you need more details check official website.

ugcnetonline.in
17th September 2012, 02:06 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria to take up NET?

Dear There ,

* NET Stands for National Eligibility Test.

* This test is conducted twice every year by the University Grants commission in the months of June & December.

* The eligibility criteria for this test are mentioned below :

a) You must have completed your post graduation from any recognized university.

b) You must have a minimum of 55% marks in your post graduation.

c) Your age must lie in between 19-28 years for JRF as welll as there is no age limit for lecturer post.

Now , for your convenience , i would like to tell you that the NET Exam is going to be conducted in december this year and forms will be available from october last week.

So , keep tuned to http://www.ugcnetonline.in.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?