26th May 2016, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed for getting admission IIT after completion of diploma course?

Sir/Mam,

What is the procedure followed for getting admission IIT after completion of diploma course? Can you please provide me the answer on this? I just need to know the step by step procedure which we need to follow for the same. Please guide me soon.

Thank you sir

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  2. What is the procedure followed to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  3. What is the procedure followed for getting admission IIT after completion of diploma course? -- [New]
  4. What is the procedure for appearing in IIT after completion of diploma in ETC?
  5. Process of getting admission in IITs after completing diploma?
  6. What is the procedure followed to get admission in IIT B.Tech after completion of diploma in Mining engineering?
  7. Is it possible to join IIT after completion of 3 years diploma course from BTEUP?
  8. Procedure to get admission in IIT Bombay after Diploma engineering? Score required in final semester?
  9. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  10. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  11. Can I take the admission in IIT after diploma? What is the eligibility criteria followed for the same?
  12. Am I eligible to take admission in I.I.T after completion of diploma course?
  13. What is the procedure followed to do B.Tech course from IIT after completion of diploma course? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Is it possible for me to get lateral entry in IIT after completion of diploma course in information technology?
  15. What is the procedure followed for getting admission for Ph.D in IIT after completion of M.Phil course?
  16. Admission Procedure for joining Degree course in IIT after Diploma?
  17. How to get admission in IIT, Delhi after completing Diploma course?
  18. What is the procedure to follow to get admission for degree course after completion of diploma course?
26th May 2016, 03:30 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for getting admission IIT after completion of diploma course?

To get admission in IIT after completion of your Diploma course, you must have to follow the below mentioned procedure :-

>> You must have to apply and appear in JEE Main examination. Remember that, based on JEE Main examination score and rank, you are not eligible to apply for admission in National Institute of Technology (NIT's) being a Diploma holder.

>> If you qualify and secure top 1,50,000 rank among all categories in the JEE Main examination, you can apply and appear in JEE Advanced examination.

>> By qualifying and securing good rank in JEE Advanced examination, you will be called for counselling process and the seat allocation will be done as per the options you have choosen during counselling process.

To get admission in IIT, you must have to get good rank in JEE Main and Advanced examination.

You can get admission in first year of B.Tech course in IIT but, not in second year of Diploma course.
26th May 2016, 09:16 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for getting admission IIT after completion of diploma course?

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology. The admission is given in IIT based on marks secured in JEE Main and Advanced.

*Diploma candidates are not eligible for admission in IIT. But diploma candidates can apply for Joint Entrance examination Main for admission in National Institute of Technology and other government engineering colleges.

*For direct admission in second year of engineering, diploma candidates can apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test. For this exam, diploma candidates must have at least 60% marks in diploma.
26th May 2016, 10:23 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are bot eligible to get admission in Indian Institute of Technology after diploma course.

To get admission in institute you have to appear and qualify in JEE examination. JEE examination is conducted in two stages as JEE Main and Advance.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board with PCM/PCB as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination after diploma course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?