11th September 2011, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

What shall I do after the completion of 12th to become Marine Deck Officer?

Sir,
I am in 12th std.by taking PCM subjects. I want to a marine deck officer. So, what is I shall doing after passing the 12th class. please tell me sir.

9th November 2011, 05:03 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What shall I do after the completion of 12th to become Marine Deck Officer?

You can opt for B.E or B.Tech in Marine Engineering. The duration of the course is 4 years. Many colleges in India offer this course. You have to clear the entrance exam for getting admission for the course. You can apply for marine deck officer post after completing the B.Tech in Marine Engineering. Also you are eligible to join for the deck cadet training if you clear the joint entrance exam. You visit the site of DG Shipping for the details.
19th November 2011, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What shall I do after the completion of 12th to become Marine Deck Officer?

What step should be taken to enter marine engineer in detail from starting after passing 12th exam from science
23rd November 2011, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir. I am studying for nios open school . 12 th std by taken pcm 50% . Can i do joing for studying nutical science plz replay me
30th April 2012, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

WHICH ENTRANCE EXAM I HAVE TO DO AFTER 12TH EXAM FOR MARINE ENGINEER?
28th May 2012, 11:24 AM
denwer

Smile Re: What shall I do after the completion of 12th to become Marine Deck Officer?

DEAR FRIEND!!!

hi..
Marine engineering is one of the most demanded and challenging branch of the globe. It is also a well known fact that marine engineers are the highest paid engineers. To join such courses you have to be adventurous and courageous.

The various requirements to join marine engineering courses are:-

Education qualification:- 10+2 or equivalent with physics or maths. (Minimum marks in PCM in class 12th must be 60% and in english it must be 50%).

Physical standards:- You must be physically fit in all respect. The minimum acceptable eye sight for standard vision is +2.5 or -2.5(must not exceed it.). You must not be colour blind and free from any type of eye diseases.
(THE PHYSICAL STANDARDS ARE ACCORDING TO THE NORMS OF D.G.SHIPPING. YOU HAVE TO PRODUCE A PHYSICAL FITNESS CERTIFICATE FROM A RECOGNIZED D.G.SHIPPING DOCTOR AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION.)

The various reputed institutes along with their admission procedures are listed below:-

1. MARINE ENGINEERING AND RESEARCH INSTITUTE (MERI), TARATALA, KOLKATA.

2. MARINE ENGINEERING AND RESEARCH INSTITUTE, MUMBAI.

3. LAL BAHUDAR SHASHTRI COLLEGE OF ADVANCED MARITIME STUDIES AND RESEARCH, MUMBAI.

4. NATIONAL MARITIME ACADEMY, CHENNAI.

5. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF PORT MANAGEMENT, KOLKATA.

Admission procedure:- Admission to all these colleges are through IIT-JEE or examination conducted by IMU,chennai.

6. COCHIN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (K.M. SCHOOL OF MARINE ENGINEERING), KOCHI.

Admission procedure:- Through the entrance exam conducted by the university namely CUSAT-CAT.

Fee structure:- Marine engineering course is a little costly. It may cost you Rs 2,21,000/- to Rs. 2,50,000/- (including all) per year. However the fee structure may vary depending upon the college you opt for.

Thank you and all the best!!!
28th September 2012, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

steps to be taken in 10standard
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?