8th June 2011, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

Pursue Merchant Navy after completing Computer Science and Engineering?

iam an engineering final year student of computer science and engineering how can i join merchent navy?

9th June 2011, 10:36 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Pursue Merchant Navy after completing Computer Science and Engineering?

Hi,

You can join the merchant navy only as deck cadet professional and for that your four year degree course will have no value of itself.

Another way to join merchant navy is to join as fifth grade engineer after passing engineering degree with marine/mechanical, which is not possible for you.

Because you have to do again 4 year marine engineering course to join as marine engineers in merchant navy.

After passing 10(+2) with major science subjects ,one can join in the deck cadet level. In this context you are also eligible for this course.

In the first year of joining you will be given a pre-sea training course,before indulging into the main deck cadet profession.

Rest depends on you. All the best!
26th July 2011, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Pursue Merchant Navy after completing Computer Science and Engineering?

Hi Sir,
I am ashish. I have done diploma in Computer Engineering and I am extremely interested in Navy. Is there any post for Computer Engineers in navy?
26th September 2011, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
Myself Vijay Kumar, I m doing BSc (computer science, Final year) I have got 50% marks in PCM and 75% marks in English in 10 2. M'I eligible for the Diploma course in Nautical Science. And Please give me the details about the college were i can apply for the same(In India or outside India). Waiting for your reply.
21st April 2012, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

Hi Sir,
I am yogesh kaushal. I have done diploma in Computer Engineering and I am extremely interested in Navy. Is there any post for Computer Engineers in navy?
15th September 2012, 09:16 PM
denwer1

Smile Re: Pursue Merchant Navy after completing Computer Science and Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
iam an engineering final year student of computer science and engineering how can i join merchent navy?
hi... as you are a computer science engineer so it is very difficult for you to join as a marine engineering. You can only join as a deck cadet whose minimum qualification required is 10+2. So your degree holds of no importance. So its better that you be in software as you have given four precious life of your career to it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?