24th April 2018, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

Will having a backlog create any problem in joining companies through GATE?

I'm a final year BE Mechanical student. I have a distinction. But I was absent for one of my exams in seventh semester because I was not well. So after clearing GATE, will this thing create any kind of problem in my joining in PSU's through GATE?

13th May 2018, 08:52 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will having a backlog create any problem in joining companies through GATE?

Yes, it will create problem. Candidates who have backlogs in bachelor's degree are eligible for GATE exam after they submit an application signed by Head of Department regarding backlogs.

But, your degree is incomplete if you have not cleared all backlogs in bachelor's degree. Even if you clear GATE exam, you can not join PSU on GATE score with backlogs.
15th May 2018, 10:54 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will having a backlog create any problem in joining companies through GATE?

1. The full form of GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. GATE is conducted by IITs or IISC for admission in Master of Technology.

2. Candidates with backlogs are eligible to apply for GATE exam. But you can not join any PSU with clearing your backlogs.
15th May 2018, 01:28 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Candidates with backlog are not eligible for recruitment in any Public Sector company. Its true that they can apply for GATE exam.

Even if you manage to secure good rank, without clearing your existing backlogs, you can apply for PSU recruitment forms.
15th May 2018, 06:01 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

It will definitely create problem in joining Public Sector Undertakings.

GATE qualified candidates with backlogs in bachelor's degree can not apply for PSU recruitment and get job.

Only those who have done degree without backlogs are eligible.
15th May 2018, 08:06 PM
sha2nk90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm a final year BE Mechanical student. I have a distinction. But I was absent for one of my exams in seventh semester because I was not well. So after clearing GATE, will this thing create any kind of problem in my joining in PSU's through GATE?
yes, Unfortunately, It will create problem. To get a job, you need to clear all the subjetcs of all years, since you have one backlog, you will not be considered for the job offer if you get one through the GATE score.
University also conduct special carry over paper just after the semester exam. So appear and clear that exam in order to keep your hopes of getting a job through GATE score alive.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?