14th March 2017, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Navy after B.Com mathematics graduation?

I have a query about the women can join the Indian navy after completing her B.Com mathematics graduation? If yes, please tell me how and when to apply for related Indian navy posts?

15th March 2017, 03:32 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy after B.Com mathematics graduation?

Being a female and graduate in Commerce stream you are not eligible for joining Indian Navy as for the same you need to be a bachelor of engineering degree holder from a recognized university.

But with your academic qualifications you have career opportunities in defense field through Indian Military Academy ( IMA ) and Officer's Training Academy ( OTA ) for which you will need to qualify CDS entrance examination.

-- > Also for appearing in the same examination for joining IMA or OTA wings of CDS you need to have the following qualifications (apart from your educational qualification) :-

* Your must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 19 years to 24 years for IMA where as for OTA your age need to lie within 19 years to 25 years.

* You must satisfy the physical and fitness requirement norm as provided in the notification released for the same examination.

For more details about CDS entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th March 2017, 09:50 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

You can join the defence through the CDS exam after completing your graduation.
There is no percentage of marks required in graduation for application to CDS. The Eligible candidates Aspiring to join Indian Navy, must be an Indian unmarried male having either appear for the final graduation degree exam pass with physics, chemistry and mathematics from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 22 years with good physical and mental fitness.
For more information you may log in to:

www.upsc.gov.in
15th March 2017, 11:43 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to join Indian Navy:

Yes, you are certainly eligible to join Indian Navy after successful completion of Bachelor of Commerce course. The basic educational qualification required is as follows.

>> You must have completed Bachelor Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> You may appear in Combined Defence Service Examination in order to join Indian Navy after completion of Bachelor Degree.

>> Every year CDS notification gets released, so I suggest you to wait for the notification to come and meanwhile keep checking the official website of UPSC for more details.
16th March 2017, 12:53 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't join Indian Navy after B.Com mathematics graduation but you can apply for other wings of Indian Army.

UPSC conducts CDS (Combined Defense Services) Exam twice a year for recruitment of officers in Indian Army. There is no restriction on minimum percentage of marks to be secured in the qualifying degree. Only the need is that the candidate must have passed.

Eligibility criteria for CDS exam are as under:-

- Nationality : Indian.

- Educational Qualification:

IMA/OTA - Bachelors degree in any stream.

Indian Naval Academy -B.E./B.Tech.

Indian Air Force Academy - 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics or B.E./ B.Tech.

-Age limit:

IMA - 19 years to 24 years

Indian Naval Academy -19 years to 22 years

Indian Air Force Academy -19 years to 23 years

OTA - 19 years to 25 years

-Selection Criteria :

*Written Exam

*Interview by Services Selection Board.

-Written Exam Pattern:

English – 100 marks

General Knowledge – 100 marks

Elementary mathematics – 100 marks

The candidate needs to score at least 40% marks to clear the cut off marks for the CDS exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?