9th December 2016, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

Which degree course should I pursue to become an IPS Officer? Which exam do I have to write?

Respected Sir, I have completed my class 12th and now I want to apply for my graduation. I want to become an IPS Officer so I want to know which degree course should I pursue to become an IPS Officer? Which exam do I have to write? Please answer as soon as possible.

11th December 2016, 05:42 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which degree course should I pursue to become an IPS Officer? Which exam do I have to write?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed my class 12th and now I want to apply for my graduation. I want to become an IPS Officer so I want to know which degree course should I pursue to become an IPS Officer? Which exam do I have to write? Please answer as soon as possible.

You can do any degree based on your interest to become an IPS Officer. The best degree subjects are BA History, Geography, Sociology, Economics and Political Science to study IPS in future. You have to clear the Civil Service Examination conducted by the UPSC. The Civil Service Examination has Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. The applicant must have completed graduation in any discipline to appear for the civil service examination. The civil service examination is the one of the toughest examinations in India. It will be conducted every year. There are various coaching classes available for the examinations.
11th December 2016, 06:20 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which degree course should I pursue to become an IPS Officer? Which exam do I have to write?

To become an I.P.S Officer the candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to pursue your degree in whichever discipline you want. But as the examination is conducted in three stages candidates have to appear and qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection as an I.P.S Officer.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?