15th April 2015, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information and eligibility to appear in CDS exam to become an Indian Air Force Pilot for B.Sc(Biochemistry) 2nd year student?

Hello guys,
I am doing B.Sc honours in Biochemistry from Delhi University. I have just given exams of 2nd year. I want to become an Indian Airforce Pilot. I am 19 years old. I want to know the full criteria to appear for the CDS exam and when will I can give the entrance test for it.

24th April 2015, 02:04 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Detailed information and eligibility to appear in CDS exam to become an Indian Air Force Pilot for B.Sc(Biochemistry) 2nd year student?

Being a second year candidate, you are not eligible to apply for CDS examination because basic qualification is graduate degree. Without completing degree course you are not allowed to appear for CDS examination. CDS examination is all India level entrance examination, which is conducted by UPSC for admission to Air Force, Naval Academy, Military Academy and Officer Training Academy. CDS Examination is conducted twice in a year.

Air Force Eligibility:

-You must be citizen of India.
-You should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.
-Your age should be between 19 years to 23 years at the time of appearing for this examination.
-No upper age limits is applicable for this examination.
-Final year of degree course may also apply.

Pattern of the examination:

-Written Test
-SSB Interview
-Medical Test

How to apply:

The notification is not yet released. You can expect the notification in the month of July or August in the official website of UPSC as well as employment newspaper. The application forms are received only online mode. There is no offline mode of application forms. The online application forms will be available at the time of notification. That time the candidate have to register themselves through official website of UPSC
24th April 2015, 05:27 PM
Ashwakh

Default Re: Detailed information and eligibility to appear in CDS exam to become an Indian Air Force Pilot for B.Sc(Biochemistry) 2nd year student?

Detailed Information about CDS exam :-
=============================

CDS stands for Combined Defence service . Through cds exam, the candidate can join in either Army or Navy or Airforce.

The exam will held by upsc , twice in every year.

To apply for the cds exam ,
~ the candidate shouldhave completed Graduation from a recognised university
~ the age of the candidate shouldbe in between 19-23 years to join in Airforce .
~ the age of the candidate shouldbe in between 19-22 years to join in navy
~ the age of the candidate shouldbe in between 19-24 years to join in army
~ the candidate shouldbe a citizen of india
~ the candidate shouldbe an unmarried candidate

Through cds exam , you can join in Flying branch of Airforce.
So after completion of your Graduation , you can apply for the cds exam to join in Airforce .

selection process is ,

1) written exam
2) ssb interview
3) medical test
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?