30th October 2017, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to join NCC and Indian Army after 12th Arts stream?

Sir, I have completed 12th exam with arts stream. Now I want to take admission in private college not regular in Manipur. I want join Indian army. Now I want to join NCC, but in my college there is not. Sir what should I do now? Please help me. Now I am very free.

31st October 2017, 09:07 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to join NCC and Indian Army after 12th Arts stream?

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Army after completion of your 12th standard with Arts stream. To join Indian Army, you have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Candidates who have completed 12th standard in any stream from a Government recognised board are eligible to join Indian Army. The age criteria required to apply for NDA examination is 16.5 to 19.5 years. You should be an unmarried male candidate and should be physically as well as mentally healthy to be eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Army.
31st October 2017, 01:49 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to join NCC and Indian Army after 12th Arts stream?

Arts students are also eligible to appear for NDA examination but they will be only eligible for Indian Army and if you want to join only Indian Army then you can definitely apply for NDA examination.

Aspirants must have completed 10 + 2 from a recognised Board of Education.

You must be an Indian citizen.

Only unmarried male are eligible to apply for it.

Must not have any physical or mental disabilities.

Selection procedure:

Objective Type paper

SSB interview

Medical examination

www.upsc.gov.in
31st October 2017, 05:41 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Every university or college has open enrollment NCC units. You need to join this, it is not mandatory that you need to be student of particular college to join NCC.
And for this you need approval from your college to participating college, as because of the stringent rules and regulations a written agreement is compulsory.
The authorization form is counter-signed by ANO or principal citing for less enrollment from your own college.
31st October 2017, 05:54 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Joining NCC is not factor of college. You can join the NCC even if it is not in your college.

You can join the state unit of the NCC in your state.

For joining the Indian Army, you have to clear the CDSE.\

CDSE is conducted by the UPSC twice a year in the month of February and October for the recruitment of officers in the defence forces.

The eligibility criteria for the same is as follows :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should be mentally and physically fit.

* The candidate should have done the graduation under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least from a recognized university.

* The minimum age for appearing is 21 years at least.

You can appear in the examination right from the final year of your graduation degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?