14th August 2016, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for BCA after 12th with PCB and IP subjects?

Hello Sir, I am planning to do BCA . I got 82% in class 12th. Am I eligible for this course as my subjects were PCB and IP in class 12th. Also inform me about some colleges for the same.

Related Questions:
14th August 2016, 06:04 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for BCA after 12th with PCB and IP subjects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I am planning to do BCA . I got 82% in class 12th. Am I eligible for this course as my subjects were PCB and IP in class 12th. Also inform me about some colleges for the same.
In most of the colleges the BCA course is eligible to study for the students who have completed 10+2 with Mathematics as one of the subjects. So it is very difficult to get admission to BCA after PCB subjects in 12th standard. But in some colleges they will admit the students who have completed 10+2 with 50% marks. So you have to search for the colleges which are given admission to the students without a mathematics subject. If you find any college, then you can get admitted to the BCA course.
14th August 2016, 06:11 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to pursue BCA after 12th having PCB. There is no any restriction about subject selection.
Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognized school or college.
Candidate must have above 40% in 12th to get admission.
14th August 2016, 06:27 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, you are eligible for BCA entrance exam.

Candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board are eligible for BCA course.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.
14th August 2016, 09:01 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

To study BCA, you should pass your 12th with Maths, Physics, Chemistry as main subjects and you must secure atleast 50% marks.

Most of the institutes need either maths or computer as one of the subjects in 12th standard and also english as a compulsory subject.

Some institutes conducts their own entrance exam while some seeks admission on the basis of merit.

Yes, you are eligible to pursue BCA course after your 12th.

Some of the top colleges for BCA are:

> ICE College.

> Madurai Kamaraj University.

> The ICFAI University.

> Mumbai University.

> Institute of Business Studies and Research.

> Mumbai College of Commerce and Science etc.
14th August 2016, 09:09 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to do BCA course after completion of your 12th standard with PCB stream and IP subjects. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in any discipline from a recognised board are eligible to pursue BCA course. No entrance examination is conducted for offering admission in BCA course. You can get direct admission in BCA course in most of the colleges. Since, you have completed your 12th standard with PCB stream from a recognised board, you are eligible to pursue BCA course.
14th August 2016, 11:32 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, of course you are eligible for BCA after completing 12th standard with PCB. But, most of the colleges will the candidate who studied Mathematics subject at the 12th standard board.

Eligibility Criteria:

- The candidate should have completed 10+2 from any recognized board.
- The candidate must study Mathematics subject at the 12th board examination.
15th August 2016, 02:03 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible for BCA course from a recognized University, there is no such problem in it. One should have completed their 12th class with science background, so as per your details, you are very much eligible to appear for BCA entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?