1st August 2015, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

Which is the best course to take for graduation to become an IAS?

I am student of non- medical...please help me in choosing the best course for graduation to become an IAS...i can also ready to take arts courses...please help me out... I just wanted to take the best course which would help me to become and IAS.

Thanks!

1st August 2015, 04:24 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is the best course to take for graduation to become an IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am student of non- medical...please help me in choosing the best course for graduation to become an IAS...i can also ready to take arts courses...please help me out... I just wanted to take the best course which would help me to become and IAS.

Thanks!
You should take B.A in History subject to become a IAS officer.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria :-

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

Age relaxation:-

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Attempt limit:-

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction
1st August 2015, 10:11 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

You can opt for any course in Graduation in which you are interested. To be eligible to become an IAS officer, the minimum educational qualification required is completion of Graduation course in any field from a recognised university. There is no special course to take in Graduation for becoming an IAS officer. So, I suggest you to pursue any course in Graduation in which you are interested and prepare well for Civil Services examination to become an IAS officer.
1st August 2015, 11:23 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

You can take any course for graduation to become IAS.
I suggest you to do any graduation course of 3 years. Bachelor of Arts will be the best, as you will get much time for the preparation. You will get much time to prepare for Civil Service Exam to become IAS.
Also you can join some coaching institute for the preparation.
2nd August 2015, 12:25 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for the Indian Administrative Services and to become an IAS the candidates need to qualify in the Civil Services examination conducted by the UPSC every year.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-

* Candidates must have passed the graduation in any of the discipline from the recognised university.

* Candidates age must be between 21-30 years are relaxation as per government rules for the reserved category candidates.

So you can select any of the course after the 12th to appear in the Civil Services examination conducted by the UPSC. But choose paper according to your interest in it.

The examination is conducted in the three stages and the candidates have to qualify in all the stages for the final selection. So selection of the optional can be other then the discipline paper of the graduation.

But the examination is among the toughest examination so you need to have the best knowledge in all the subject along with the excellent in the optional paper to qualify in the examination.

For more information visit at the www.upsc.gov.in
15th September 2015, 09:15 PM
DSP@1

The eligibility criteria for IAS Officer are as follows.

-Candidate must have completed his/her graduation from the recognized university.
-Candidate age must be between 21-30 years,
Age relaxation of 3 years i given to OBC candidates and 5 years is givn to SC/ST candidates.

These are the main requirements for IAS Officer.

As it is not mentioned any particular stream in which graduation has to be done you can do graduation in any stream of your like.

If you want to know the better course which helps somewhat in preparing for IAS then you can go for graduation course in Social subjects like Economics,History etc,..

Still this is not enough for IAS preparation.You have to refer lot of books for IAS. So don't think about your graduation stream whatever stream you choose,start your preparation for IAS with parallel to your graduation course.
30th September 2015, 08:34 PM
vinoth1921

-->Yes, You need any graduation to attend civil service exam from a reognized University.
-->It may be Medical course/ Non-Medical Course/ Engineering/ Arts etc.
-->It is not the course that helps to become IAS, It is the self belief that empowers you to become IAS.
-->Courses in History/ Geography/ Law/ Economics will be an added advantage.
-->UPSC conducts many exams like Civil Service(IAS/ IPS/ IFS etc.) for Civil service aspirants.
If you do Engineering, then you may try this exam also
-->IES is the one of the exam conducted by UPSC every year for the post of Engineers for the superior posts.
-->CDS is conducted twice in a year for the posts like Executive, Engineers etc. which helps you to get into Defense services.

Eligibility for UPSC Service
-Citizen of India
-Should be a Graduate with Minimum 65%.(Relaxation is there for reserve candidates)
-Age Limit - 21-30 yrs
-Some post require Physical qualifications.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?