1st September 2015, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

Do I need to do graduation again if I have scored only 42% marks and I wanted to give IAS exam?

I've scored very poor marks in graduation. Infact passed with grace marks in 1st year. overall u have scored 42 % marks in graduation . Can I think of doing it again???? I wanted to go for IAS exam but after qualifying M.Sc. in IITs.???

Related Questions:
1st September 2015, 08:41 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to do graduation again if I have scored only 42% marks and I wanted to give IAS exam?

No, there is no need to do Graduation again if you have scored 42% aggregate marks from a recognised university. No percentage criteria in Graduation is required to appear in IAS examination. Eligibilty criteria required to appear in IAS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IAS examination notification.
2nd September 2015, 01:14 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to do graduation again if I have scored only 42% marks and I wanted to give IAS exam?

No, there is no need to do bachelor's degree again in order to appear for the entrance examination of Indian Administrative Services called Civil Services examination. Any candidate who has done his/her bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university with even passing percentage of marks is eligible to apply for the examination.

Final year bachelor's degree candidates can also apply for the exam. So, you can apply for the Civil Services examination after doing master of science from Indian Institute of Technology with 42% marks in graduation.

Other than academic qualification, you age must between 21-32 years if you belong to the general category. For OBC and SC/ST candidates, there is upper age relaxation of three years and five years respectively.
2nd September 2015, 09:44 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, you need not to do graduation again after securing 42% marks in graduation if you want to do IAS. There is no minimum percentage criteria in IAS exams.

Eligibility for IAS exam :
  • Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.
  • There is no minimum percentage criteria.
  • Age of candidate must be from 21 to 30 years.
2nd September 2015, 12:23 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've scored very poor marks in graduation. Infact passed with grace marks in 1st year. overall u have scored 42 % marks in graduation . Can I think of doing it again???? I wanted to go for IAS exam but after qualifying M.Sc. in IITs.???
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam. IAS exam doesn't require any percentage criteria for graduation degree.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
2nd September 2015, 03:39 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for the Indian Administrative Services exam with 42% marks in the bachelor's degree. There is no such condition in UPSC Civil services examination that candidate must have scored such percentage of marks to appear in the Civil Services examination.

A candidate must have passed the bachelor's degree and there should be no pending backlogs to appear for the exam. In addition to these, your age should be minimum of 21 years and maximum of 32 years for candidates of general category. Reserved category candidates have upper age relaxation.

Official website for any more details about this exam: www.upsc.gov.in.
30th September 2015, 08:44 PM
vinoth1921

-->UPSC conducts many exams like Civil Service(IAS/ IPS/ IFS etc.) for Civil service aspirants.
You did Engineering, then you may try this exam also
-->IES is the one of the exam conducted by UPSC every year for the post of Engineers for the superior posts.
-->CDS is conducted twice in a year for the posts like Executive, Engineers etc. which helps you to get into Defense services.

-->Eligibility for UPSC Service
-Citizen of India
-Should be a Graduate
-Age Limit - 21-30 yrs
-Some post require Physical qualifications.

-->Exams Process
-Preliminary Examination
-Main Examination
-Interview
26th December 2018, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IAS in 42.14 percentage in graduation? I am OBC category and 26 old year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?