31st October 2015, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

Which graduation course should i choose to join technical line in Army?

Sir, my dream is to go in Army in technical line. I have passed 12th by commerce side. Which course in graduation i should do?

31st October 2015, 11:45 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which graduation course should i choose to join technical line in Army?

Sorry to let you know that, you are not eligible for joining technical line in Indian Army having completed your 12th with commerce as for joining technical field you need to be a science ( with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects ) stream student throughout your academics.

But you can still join Indian Army for which you will have to clear either NDA entrance examination or CDS entrance examination.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy where as CDS stands for Combined Defense Services. Both the academies are meant for providing necessary education and training to those who have cleared the respective examination and are willing to join defense field.

** For appearing in these examination ( for joining Indian Army ) you need to have following qualifications :-

--> For both the examination, you must have the nationality of India.

--> For NDA examination, your age must be within 16.5 years 19 years where as for CDS examination it must be within 19 years to 24 years.

--> For NDA examination, you must have either completed your higher secondary school degree or must be in the final year of same from a recognized institute where as for CDS examination, you must have completed your bachelor degree course with any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

--> For both the examinations, physical and mental fitness are required for must as per the service required norms.

Both the examinations are conducted twice every year by UPSC in two stages which are respectively called as written examination and Service Selection Board interview.

For more details about any of these examination you can log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
31st October 2015, 11:47 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which graduation course should i choose to join technical line in Army?

As you completed 12th standard from commerce field then graduation course which are suitable for entry in Indian Army is not for you.

But you still have option to get back to your dream. First of all complete your graduation course in which you want. After graduation you have chance to give CDS examination.
CDS stands for Combine Defense Services. You will be called for SSB as if you clarify written exam. Once you qualify SSB then you will be selected for training in IMA Dehradun.
After 1 1/2 years of training you will be appointed as lieutenant in Indian Army.
1st November 2015, 12:34 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

For the Indian Army, candidate can join it from any stream. If you are interested to join technical field of Indian Army, you must complete your bachelor's degree in science stream. As you have passed 10+2 in commerce stream, you can take admission in universities like Delhi University in bachelor's degree in different courses of science.

When you switch from non science stream in 10+2 to science stream in bachelor's degree, your 5% marks will be reduced and then your final percentage of marks will be treated as the cut off for admission.

Once you complete of your bachelor's degree or in final year, you can apply for the Combined Defence Academy exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission twice every year.

The age limit for the army or military academy is 19-24 years. Once you can clear the written test and SSB, you can opt for technical field in army.
1st November 2015, 12:58 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Since you have completed your 12th with commerce field so you are not eligible for joining technical field in Indian Army as for technical entry PCM as the basic demand but you still have the option of becoming officer in the Indian Army for which you will have to qualify CDS examination.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and the same examination is held two times every year by UPSC.

The eligibility criteria for same examination for joining Indian Army are as following :-

You must be an Indian citizen with your age lying in between 19 years to 24 years.

You must have completed your graduation degree course with any discipline of your interest from a recognized university. Final year students are also eligible.

You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement norms.

For further information about the same examination you must visit the official website of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
1st November 2015, 07:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For technical line in Army you must study physics and maths at graduation level or engineering. There are many option for you through CDS exam, short service commission and other special entry schemes to join Indian Army as an officer.

Therefore, make sure that toy study maths and physics. These two subjects are very important if you are joining technical line in Indian Army.
15th November 2015, 09:05 PM
shivani sawarn
Member+

Since, you have finished your twelfth with business field so you are not qualified for joining specialized field in Indian Army concerning specialized passage PCM as the essential request yet regardless you have the alternative of getting to be officer in the Indian Army for which you will need to qualify CDS examination.

Compact discs remains for Combined Defense Services and the same examination is held two times each year by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).

The eligibility criteria required for the CDS examination:-

* Age limit:-You must be an Indian resident with your age lying in the middle of 19 years to 24 years.

* You probably finished your graduation degree course with any control of your enthusiasm from a perceived college.

* Last year understudies are additionally qualified.

* You must be physically and rationally fit according to the administration prerequisite standards.

For additional data about the same examination you must visit the official site of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?