14th November 2016, 01:58 AM
Unregistered

What is the minimum percentage required to appear for the entrance exam of IIT and NIT?

Respected Sir, I want to appear for the IIT and NIT entrance exam but I have no idea about the minimum marks required to be eligible to apply for the exam? Please tell me about the minimum marks required to apply for the exam.

16th November 2016, 12:34 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: What is the minimum percentage required to appear for the entrance exam of IIT and NIT?

According to Ashok Mishra Committee report, Human Resource Development Ministry has decided to make below discussed changes in JEE 2017 examination.

> Performance of 12th class will be required only for eligibility for admission in IITs, NITs and other Centrally Funded Institutes, which is as follows:-
At least 75% marks have to be obtained or the candidate has to be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th Class Examination conducted by the respective boards. This percentage requirement is further relaxed by 10% for SC/ST candidates, hence they need 65% only.

> Unlike 2016, in the year 2017, 12th boards marks will not be given 40% weighted for calculation of the ranks as in the selection criteria for admission in an IIT.

JEE 2017 applications are expected to be started from November, 2016. There is not much time left, so I would recommend every aspirant seeking related information, to wait and watch. It's just a matter of few more days, and the things will be cleared.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?