10th September 2015, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

How can I get admission to study PhD in History in Calcutta University?

Hello,
I am studying M.A.(History) in Calcutta University. I want to do PhD in History. Kindly tell me what I have to do for getting admission in PhD course in History in Calcutta University?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I get admission to study PhD in History if completed M.A.?
  2. Detailed information about PhD(History) program in Calcutta University? Is there any scholarship available to study PhD?
  3. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study PhD in Calcutta University?
  4. When application of PhD in Ancient History & Culture starts at Calcutta University?
  5. Should I have to pursue M.Phil to study PhD after completing M.A.(History)?
  6. Detailed information and procedure to apply for Ph.D program in Calcutta University for MBA(HR) student? Can I get scholarship?
  7. In which entrance exam I have to appear for studying PhD in Calcutta University?
  8. Minimum marks required in M.Phil to study PhD in History? Total fee and age limit to do PhD?
  9. Can I get admission to study PhD in history in a Private university without appearing in any entrance exam?
  10. Possibility to study PhD in History for a candidate who has secured 53% in M.A.(History)?
  11. List of the universities along with their admission procedure offering Ph.D course? I have done MA in history with 62% marks
  12. Eligibility to study PhD in History for a candidate who has secured 60% in M.A. in History?
  13. Procedure to apply for PhD in Environmental Science program in Burdwan University for M.Sc postgraduate of Calcutta University?
  14. Procedure to get admission in Calcutta University to study Ph.D for a candidate who has completed B.Com from Bardwan University 10 year ago?
  15. How to get admission in regular master degree in Geography? I am a graduate student of Calcutta University -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Should I have to study M.Phil after M.Sc if want to pursue PhD in Economics?
  17. Does Calcutta University offer PhD in Mathematics course? Eligibility to apply for M.Sc candidate?
  18. In which university I should study PhD in History through Distance Education being a Government employee?
27th May 2016, 11:37 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get admission to study PhD in History in Calcutta University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am studying M.A.(History) in Calcutta University. I want to do PhD in History. Kindly tell me what I have to do for getting admission in PhD course in History in Calcutta University?
The aspirant should download the application form from the university website, fill up the same and submit. The eligibility to do PhD in History is a pass in M.A History with a minimum of 55% marks. You have to appear for Research Eligibility Test (RET) written test and viva voce. The students who cleared NET/SET/SLET/M Phil are exempted from the entrance examination. The number of seats in PhD is 10. You can check the details in the university website also or you can contact the university History Department in person for more details regarding the admission. The website link is Official website
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?