6th January 2018, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Which subject to choose at NET after PG in botany?

Sir/Madam, help me out. I did PG in botany. So, I submitted form for UGC NET CBSE. But there shows no option of Botany, as we have to enter therein which subject you did PG. Without environment science, there is not an option of any domain of life science. Kindly help me?

6th January 2018, 09:07 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject to choose at NET after PG in botany?

Yes, direct botany subject is not listed under NET list of subjects. But still there is an option for you being a botany background candidate.

You can choose "Life Sciences" subjects for UGC NET Entrance Examination. There will be an option naming "Life Sciences" surely and now you are required to choose that discipline.

Candidates who are done with Master's degree in Life Sciences or Zoology or Botany or Biotechnology or Microbiology background are eligible to appear in this NET Examination for the stream of Life Sciences.

I hope your doubt is clarified now and I suggest you to prepare very well for the examination. You may refer the official notification of NET for more details of the eligibility criteria and other criteria to appear in this examination.
6th January 2018, 10:29 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

National Eligibility Test which is conducted by the UGC, does not offer Botany as a subject in the option of NET form.
Since, you have completed your Post Graduation in Botany, you must have to opt Life Science as a subject in the NET examination.
You must have scored a minimum of 55% of marks in the Masters degree in order to be eligible for NET examination.
7th January 2018, 11:25 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Madam, help me out. I did PG in botany. So, I submitted form for UGC NET CBSE. But there shows no option of Botany, as we have to enter therein which subject you did PG. Without environment science, there is not an option of any domain of life science. Kindly help me?

Candidates can choose the Environmental Sciences subject in the NET examination after completion of PG in Botany. Those students who have passed MSc Botany with at least 55% marks are eligible to apply for the NET examination. National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted by the CBSE. There are 99 subjects available on the CBSE NET; candidates can choose the subject based on his master’s subject. Students who have appeared for the Master’s Degree final year examination are also eligible to apply for the NET examination. The CBSE NET list of subjects is available at the website link given Click Here
7th January 2018, 04:36 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

As you have mentioned that Botany is not offered as a subject by the UGC for the National Eligibility Test. You have to opt Environmental Science as your subject for NET examination.

There is not any option to opt Life Science in NET instead of Botany because in Botany, you had studied about plants only. And Life Science consists of studies of human beings, micro-organisms and others.
7th January 2018, 05:04 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There isn't any suitable subject available at UGC NET, but there is Life sciences subject available in CSIR NET, which will surely suit your PG in botany qualification.

There are subjects like Environmental sciences, forensic science, anthropology, etc are available in UGC NET for you to choose. You can take your decision according to your qualification.
7th January 2018, 10:06 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

NET stands for National Eligibility Test it is for lectureship:-

Eligibility criteria:-

You should be Indian citizen.

Must have post graduation degree from a recognised university.

At least 55% marks in post graduation course.

There is no limit of number of attempts.

Age limit for JRF is 28 years.

There is relaxation as per government rules for SC / ST candidates.

There is no age limit for lecturership.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?